Help pricing my boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pricing my boat

I have a used boat that I'm trying to get rid of. It has some damage to the hull but seems to be in good shape other than that. I'm trying to find someone that could help me value the boat given the damage it's sustained.

TIA.

Taylor

Tree fiddy.

Comment

Hull damaged boats are cheap... fiberglass repairs are expensive... post up some pics and more info on the rig so we can evaluate it.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
        Tree fiddy.
        The Loch Ness Monsta don't need no boat!

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
          Hull damaged boats are cheap... fiberglass repairs are expensive... post up some pics and more info on the rig so we can evaluate it.

mardyn
          A good sized tree fell on it during a storm a couple years back. I'm trying to get into a little jon boat with 2.5 or so outboard. Haven't tried starting it since then but I took it to a few places to get some estimates for repairs and they said it should run fine, just the hull needs patched.

Comment

I'm not expecting to get much from it, I just need to know a decent asking price. I have the title for the boat and motor as well.

Comment

I the engine is in good condition, that's where all the value is. Maybe $2500.00 to 3000.00...

good luck

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                I the engine is in good condition, that's where all the value is. Maybe $2500.00 to 3000.00...

good luck

mardyn
                Thanks Mardyn.

Comment

Is this boat an older model gambler or a glastron?

For an older model 115 like that you might get 2000 with all the controls and jackplate. I would put a 2000 price tag on the whole rig.

WHat trolling motor do you have for it?

Comment

Originally posted by BULLET_DRIVER View Post
                    For an older model 115 like that you might get 2000 with all the controls and jackplate. I would put a 2000 price tag on the whole rig.

WHat trolling motor do you have for it?
                    I got a nice motorguide wireless on it. The trolling motor was used once before the tree fell on the boat, and has been kept in storage since. It's practically new.

Comment

If you have the time, you could probably do better parting it out... maybe 2500. for the engine/prop/controls... about 750.00 for boat & trailer, maybe another four to five hundred for the accessories...

much easier to sell it all at once for a little less and be done with it.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                        I got a nice motorguide wireless on it. The trolling motor was used once before the tree fell on the boat, and has been kept in storage since. It's practically new.

Post it on texasfishingforum.com. Get it to where you can go run it incase someone wants to test the motor. Get some compression numbers for it. Make sure the lower unit hasnt filled with water and pushed all the gear oil out of it. Spend 15 bucks on a new water pump impeller. These are all selling points for an outboard. Theres tons of entry level bassboat owners out there and I guarantee you one of em has a blown 115 merc or mariner and will need your motor.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLET_DRIVER View Post
                          Post it on texasfishingforum.com. Get it to where you can go run it incase someone wants to test the motor. Get some compression numbers for it. Make sure the lower unit hasnt filled with water and pushed all the gear oil out of it. Spend 15 bucks on a new water pump impeller. These are all selling points for an outboard. Theres tons of entry level bassboat owners out there and I guarantee you one of em has a blown 115 merc or mariner and will need your motor.
                          This past summer I tried to get it running and I could get it to turn over 10-15 times before it would die. It would sound great then just die. I'm no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. I just bought a new battery and all the hydraulics worked and it started up fine then would die. I had taken all the old gas out and put ten gallons of fresh gas in it. I used to be able to get the boat to run like a top so I definitely know how to get it going, but I wasn't able to, work kept me too busy to devote too much time to it.

Do you know anyone that I could take it to and have them check out the motor and see about getting it running again?

Comment

Pm'ing you a number now.

Comment

I might be interested in it as is if the price is right. Obviously with it needing fiberglass work and not running that really narrows it down, but PM me nonetheless if you have a price in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X