Credit Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Gurus

What is the best way to monitor your credit report/score?

Dave Ramsey says you do not need a credit score.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      he also said to "act your wage" F that guy. Living beyond your means FTW!!!!

not really
      .....bro....

Comment

Most banks have a program you can subscribe to. I've been very pleased with the service I'm getting through USAA with the ability to check my scores anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtie View Post
          Most banks have a program you can subscribe to. I've been very pleased with the service I'm getting through USAA with the ability to check my scores anytime.
          USAA you say?!? I need to call and ask about that. What department handles it, or what is the program called?

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueJunkie View Post
            USAA you say?!? I need to call and ask about that. What department handles it, or what is the program called?
            I know their banking department handles it and they call it their Credit Check Monitoring.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              i hear this from time to time, i just dont see how you can go without a credit score. i mean, almost everything now falls back on your score..

How do you get a car, house, or anything of that matter without a score, Do you just save up and pay cash?

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                i hear this from time to time, i just dont see how you can go without a credit score. i mean, almost everything now falls back on your score..

How do you get a car, house, or anything of that matter without a score, Do you just save up and pay cash?
                Yep, his philosophy is that all debt is bad.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtie View Post
                  I know their banking department handles it and they call it their Credit Check Monitoring.
                  Thanks, I will call about that fo sho!

Comment

I just enroll for free trials every 3 or 4 months with freecreditreport.com or something. I actually just pulled mine and the only thing negative on my credit is credit history. It said my oldest card/loan was 4 years old and the average for my credit score was 19 years. WTF.. Thats almost as old as I am...
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I just enrolled in the Credit Check Monitoring at USAA. That is a pretty sweet deal...

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        I just enroll for free trials every 3 or 4 months with freecreditreport.com or something. I actually just pulled mine and the only thing negative on my credit is credit history. It said my oldest card/loan was 4 years old and the average for my credit score was 19 years. WTF.. Thats almost as old as I am...
                        That's where I am. I have one all purpose card, another card to track gas purchases and an emergency card that gave me a decent limit right off the bat. I pay them off in full each month, no annual fees (at least not yet) and end up making money on the awards. The only negative on my report is that two of the cards are less than three years old.

I never did the freecreditreport.com because of all the hassle just to see your scores and the following spam. USAA alerts me whenever there is a change to my account or a request made to it. Plus a very nice layout and simple interface.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueJunkie View Post
                          What is the best way to monitor your credit report/score?
                          Impose a credit freeze on all accounts, that way no new accounts can be opened unless you unfreeze them. No monitoring necessary.
                          class joke
                          {
                          private:
                          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                          double Peas, Carrots;
                          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                          };

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post

When I bought a house, the mortgage company called me and said "there is a problem with your credit history, you don't have a credit history"

I had problems with credit cards and a repo while in the marines. I swore off using credit and after ten years of only paying cash for stuff, my credit score was zero. I still got a loan.
                            class joke
                            {
                            private:
                            char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                            double Peas, Carrots;
                            string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                            };

Comment

Working...
                            X