No announcement yet.

Delivery other than pizza and Chinese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Hut delivers some kinda pasta stuff they have also.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

A lot do pick up instead of delivery. However, they also ask for a tip which I don't get.

Comment

Quesa-D-Ya's

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
          A lot do pick up instead of delivery. However, they also ask for a tip which I don't get.
          We've covered this in most of the million tipping threads on here. Of course, this is just me, but if I pick up from a restaurant, I tip the bartender. They have to take face time away from customers in the bar to go put the order together, add condiments, etc. They are also responsible for putting the order in, in most cases.

For pizza and such, no, I don't tip if I pick up. But if it's a dine in restaurant, I tip 15-20%.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Jimmy John's delivers, over a set minimum I'm sure.
            No minimum. Or at least there is not one at the Lewisville location.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                We've covered this in most of the million tipping threads on here. Of course, this is just me, but if I pick up from a restaurant, I tip the bartender. They have to take face time away from customers in the bar to go put the order together, add condiments, etc. They are also responsible for putting the order in, in most cases.

For pizza and such, no, I don't tip if I pick up. But if it's a dine in restaurant, I tip 15-20%.
                Well than I probably blocked that little tidbit out. Now I know wtf I've been tipping for all these years. I still don't think it's a value added service that's tip worthy.

It's obviously not cost effective for everybody to do delivery even with a standard tip. The question than becomes would you pay a flat fee ($10) on top of tip to have this service available to you? I'm assuming most of you would say no which is why we only get pizza and chinese delivered.

Comment

Well than I probably blocked that little tidbit out. Now I know wtf I've been tipping for all these years. I still don't think it's a value added service that's tip worthy.
                  I'm usually picking up lunch for 10 or so, so it definitely takes some time out of the bartender's day. I know if I was a bartender, and had to put together an order like that, and got stiffed, I'd be pissed. But, I've been there. I'm an overtipper in most cases, because I have been there. Again, it's just the way I do it. Tips are usually expected by bartenders on to go orders, but they don't expect a full 15% like they would if you dined in. A buck or two is sufficient in most cases, unless you are picking up a large order or several orders on sep checks.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The question than becomes would you pay a flat fee ($10) on top of tip to have this service available to you? I'm assuming most of you would say no which is why we only get pizza and chinese delivered.
                    Apparently a lot of people are willing to do just that. My friend owns this restaurant delivery business in LA and he's doing very well. They have 922 restaurants to choose from.
                    A Grubhub Corporate Account helps thousands of companies feed their teams by simplifying the process of ordering meals. Make your hungry team happy today!
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                    X