Allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies

Ill be 26 in a few weeks and i have never had allergies all that bad. Today was probably the worst day Ive had in a long time. It was non stop sneezing, itching eyes and a runny noes. My question to you guys is what the hell do you use that wont get you all sleepy?

Neti Pot
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Neti Pot
      So your saying, buy this little kettle thing and pore it in my nose? No thanks. Id rather get a dam shot

Comment

I also use a neti pot, when it's convenient.

I typically get nasal congestion when my allergies start acting up. I started taking drixoral, but switched to walmart's equate 12 hour nasal decongestant because it's a third of the price. It's 120 mg of pseudoephedrine, you have to sign for it over the counter, and it will not make you sleepy.

When it gets really bad, I'll add offbrand zyrtec.
        Men have become the tools of their tools.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Snodgrass View Post
          So your saying, buy this little kettle thing and pore it in my nose? No thanks. Id rather get a dam shot
          So I have this friend that was basically screwed up from fall to winter because of allergies and could not function. I dogged his ass for a year and he finally bought one. The first text I got from him was that neti pots rock and it was like an orgasm in his nose. He now has minimal issues with allergies and no drugs or shots. I keep mine in the shower and use it three or four times a week and love it. I too was skeptical but i have seen my witch doctor mother over the years help alot of people with a little salt water snorted up the nose. The neti pot is way less barbaric then that and even more effective.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I can't wait for the days when I sneeze about 100 times a day. I need to get in the guinness book of world records for it.

Crazy thing about that is there was someone that sneezed nonstop for years, the exact day that they stopped sneezing is the day I was born! Creeped me the fuck out when I learned that.

Comment

Im a carpenter, i work inside and outside all day long. If i use the little kettle thing will it work all day? Inside and outside? Im around saw dust, sheet rock dust... all sorts of dust all day long plus whatever is floating around outside. I hate sneezing and having a runny noes all day. Then when i take the over the counter stuff if makes me real sleepy. Is there anything on the market that will not make me want to take a nap on top of a 30 foot extension latter and will last all day?

Comment

So I have this friend that was basically screwed up from fall to winter because of allergies and could not function. I dogged his ass for a year and he finally bought one. The first text I got from him was that neti pots rock and it was like an orgasm in his nose. He now has minimal issues with allergies and no drugs or shots. I keep mine in the shower and use it three or four times a week and love it. I too was skeptical but i have seen my witch doctor mother over the years help alot of people with a little salt water snorted up the nose. The neti pot is way less barbaric then that and even more effective.
                No shit? I heard of the neti pots working for getting rid of a runny noes but i had no clue it worked for allergies as well. But will it work all day?

Comment

They SUCK. I am already firing up the NasalCrom, it always helps. Feels like shooting gasoline up your nose, but it does work.

Comment

Allergies were bad for me today also!
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Neti Pot
                      Do you smoke it?

Comment

Get the Walgreens generic Wal-zyr D, it's Zyrtec D in a 12hr dose.

Comment

Claritin sometimes works for me, you can get the generic OTC stuff in 12 hour doses. But nothing really works better than benadryl, but it will make u drowsy.

Comment

Store brand zyrtec and prescription nasal spray.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Yep, same here. Zyrtec or the Tom Thumb generic equivalent works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X