RIP Powers Boothe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Powers Boothe

Powers Boothe, a character actor who appeared in films like Sin City and TV shows including Deadwood and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., died Sunday morning in his sleep of natural causes at his home in Los Angeles. He was 68.

His rep told The Hollywood Reporter that a private service will be held in Boothe's home state of Texas, with a memorial celebration under consideration as well. Donations can be made to the Gary Sinise Foundation, which honors the nation’s defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need.

His friend, actor Beau Bridges, tweeted the news Sunday afternoon:

It's with great sadness that I mourn the passing of my friend Powers Boothe. A dear friend, great actor, devoted father & husband.
    — Beau Bridges (@MrBeauBridges) May 14, 2017

Boothe, who grew up on a farm in the Lone Star State, began his acting career in the theater, playing in a number of Shakespearean productions including Henry IV. He made his Broadway debut in the late 1970s in Lone Star & Pvt. Wars.

In 1980, Boothe won an Emmy for lead actor in a limited series or special for playing cult leader Jim Jones in CBS' Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones. He won that award during an actors strike and chose to cross the picket line to accept his trophy, saying, "This may be either the bravest moment of my career or the dumbest."

From Snyder Texas...
    '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Hail Hydra.

Comment

RIP

So he gets sent off with the #1 meme on this site. A meme of himself telling himself bye.

Comment

Unfortunate. He was a great actor.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X