Land rover junkyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land rover junkyard?

Got a good deal on a land rover Discovery 2. Needs a few parts here and there, so I was hoping someone here might know of a land rover junkyard in the DFW area. Maybe just a british focused salvage yard would suffice. So where can I find some 99-04 Land Rovers to pull parts from? (preferably fort worth)
    WH

There aren't any British yards around here. I'd search on http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

A little tip though look for fenders, hoods and doors with the same stock number or even front end assemblies. If they have all of that it inventory then the vehicle might not be dismantled yet. Seats and interior stuff usually doesn't go into inventory but if you can see a front end and doors it's probably still there.

That and get rid of it as soon as you can. Unless you have AnthonyS or Laser money you won't be able to afford to keep that thing running. Short of a complete drivetrain swap that is.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      That and get rid of it as soon as you can. Unless you have AnthonyS or Laser money you won't be able to afford to keep that thing running. Short of a complete drivetrain swap that is.
      Pretty much this. There is a reason that these things can be found for pennies on the dollar. People buy them not realizing how much it costs to fix and maintain them. Parts are expensive, especially if you have to buy from a dealer.

In the event you do need parts from a dealer, call Land Rover of Dallas and ask for Norm, tell him you know his son Russell.
      I do inventory with him every year, and it is OUTRAGEOUS the price on some of the parts.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Got a good deal on a land rover Discovery 2.
        This is an oxymoron.

Originally posted by BP View Post

Unless you have AnthonyS or Laser money you won't be able to afford to keep that thing running. Short of a complete drivetrain swap that is.
        The engine management system is integrated with the ABS and traction control. Doing a drive line swap and making all of the old features still work is not easy to do.

When I left Rotary Performance and before I started doing pools I considered opening a Rover specialty shop around the same business model as Rotary Performance but I was fed up with turning wrenches. It would still be a very good business to go into.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I know 3 people who have bought Range Rovers or Land Rovers....ALL of them were broke down within 2 years and were sold because of the cost of repairs. Get rid of it as quick as you can. They are junk.

Comment

Well I bought it to flip, and it runs and drives fine. For now at least lol. Bought it from a guy I knew, and the deal was too good to pass up. Easy thousand bucks. But it does need a few odds and ends to get it ready to show to people. A fog light here, a piece of door trim there. Shit like that. So I won't be keeping it. Just looking for some kind of junkyard. I've seen 'em in the junkyards over the years, just 1 or two here and there. Long gone by now I'm sure.
            WH

Comment

Working...
            X