No announcement yet.

America’s Retailers Are Closing Stores Faster Than Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay attention. Walmart will be the only retailer that will effectively compete with amazon in the next 3 to 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
      Pretty much the only major retailers I go to now days is walmart and home depot. I buy everything I can from amazon
      Hopefully you cross shop because Amazon is no longer the bargain they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        SOAP, English language decoder:

Walfar < Welfare
        I use a cellphone and autocorrect and shit. But that's fine I'm sure the hood rats understand me.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I think this guy nails it on the head that many people are just blaming Amazon for the decline and disregarding their own shortcomings. Just looking through this thread I think we can see that is indeed the case. We're sick of shitty retailers that make it a PITA to shop.

Besides the examples listed by this guy, several of us are agreeing that Best Buy is doing well because they decided to stop being a terrible retailer. Sears, on the other hand, just keeps looking for ways to be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            This is what happens when you try and charge too much money for stuff people dont want.
            Ed Hardy.
            Never understood why someone would spend over one hundred dollars on a fucking T-shirt just because it had some other guys name on it.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              Ed Hardy.
              Never understood why someone would spend over one hundred dollars on a fucking T-shirt just because it had some other guys name on it.

David
              And ironically nothing hit Ross and TJ Maxx faster than Ed Hardy.

That said, luxury branding is alive and well. It transcends logic as far as practical value goes, and is instead about status.

I'm not a luxury buyer for anything really, but I have had to do tons of research on that market for clients. It's a thing, and in it's own funny way is kind of recession proof. Rich people are rich either way, and as a demographic, they want the finest things and the cache that comes with it. Popular culture only bolsters this. (every rap video ever).

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

That said, luxury branding is alive and well. It transcends logic as far as practical value goes, and is instead about status.

I'm not a luxury buyer for anything really, but I have had to do tons of research on that market for clients. It's a thing, and in it's own funny way is kind of recession proof. Rich people are rich either way, and as a demographic, they want the finest things and the cache that comes with it. Popular culture only bolsters this. (every rap video ever).
                So your telling us that this is our future? https://bigballerbrand.com/
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                  Hopefully you cross shop because Amazon is no longer the bargain they used to be.
                  People have this false assumption that Amazon is always cheaper, and it isn't always the case. It's true some of the time. Most of the time, even; depending on what you're looking for. But prices should still be shopped.

They're still a bargain on most of the stuff I buy. I also add items to cart and wait a few days, price usually drops a little bit.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    Ed Hardy.

David
                    Even worse is that the big name was usually Christian Audigier and generally more than once per garment. He made most of the money on the Von Dutch and Ed Hardy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      So your telling us that this is our future? https://bigballerbrand.com/
                      No, I'm telling you it's our present.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        People have this false assumption that Amazon is always cheaper, and it isn't always the case. It's true some of the time. Most of the time, even; depending on what you're looking for. But prices should still be shopped.

They're still a bargain on most of the stuff I buy. I also add items to cart and wait a few days, price usually drops a little bit.
                        But subtract gas, mileage, and time (especially in Dfw traffic) I find them to be cheaper in just about every case. Also often times I go to HD and Walmart to pick something up and they are out.

Amazon is building so many fulfillment centers I suggested they have a pickup window. but same day shipping for all is just around the corner.
                        2006 Civic SI
                        2009 Pilot
                        1988 GT
                        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Pricing aside, I like having stuff show up at my door, rather than trudging across town. The only time we don't shop online is when we need something immediately, and don't want to wait for 2-day shipping. Hell, I'll go to OSH because it's around the corner, instead of driving another 5 miles to pay a little less at Home Depot.

Comment

Working...
                          X