6.7 Powerstroke peeps in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.7 Powerstroke peeps in here

I recently got a 6.7 F250....What diesel/gas stations do you recommend I stay away from or all they all the same? I know Valero and by my house carries diesel but my last D truck was a 2001 7.3 and was not very picky.

Also what brand DEF do you all use?

Mods I know this is the wrong forum just wanted to post it somewhere that has some traffic. TIA
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

I dont think it matters to much which station you go to, but I go to the same station every time. ALWAYS get a receipt in case you get bad diesel. Most people try to go somewhere with high volume sales in diesel.

I just use Blue DEF available at Walmart/AutoZone/Home Depot. Its cheap and works fine. Just dont be a fool and accidentally put the DEF into the diesel. Read about a few people doing that online

Comment

If it's still under factory warranty, I've been told you only want to run DEF from Ford. Something about the aftermarket urea crystallizing and causing issues and the warranty kicking it because of it not being to oem spec.

Comment

I buy diesel where ever and I use that same blue def stuff that is in every store. I may use a fuel additive every 10k miles.

Comment

I buy my diesel from flying J or pilot. I also use there Def and haven't had any issues

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            If it's still under factory warranty, I've been told you only want to run DEF from Ford. Something about the aftermarket urea crystallizing and causing issues and the warranty kicking it because of it not being to oem spec.
            Thats interesting. I have 75k miles on mine and been using non Ford and its fine. That crystalizing I could have sworn was from people putting DEF in their diesel

Comment

Def fluid crystallizes in general. Typically it's because there's air somewhere.

Comment

DEF is for suckas! I deleted mine at 5k miles and haven't looked back.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I don't care enough to do the delete thing.

Comment

Autozone has 2 jugs of blue DEF for 5$ off right now. Just got some yesterday.
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      I recently got a 6.7 F250....What diesel/gas stations do you recommend I stay away from or all they all the same? I know Valero and by my house carries diesel but my last D truck was a 2001 7.3 and was not very picky.

Also what brand DEF do you all use?

Mods I know this is the wrong forum just wanted to post it somewhere that has some traffic. TIA

Grandpaw just had an $8500 repair. Brookshires apparently had water in their diesel. Well, more water than most places do. Killed the injector pump or something. Then you gotta replace all those super expensive injectors, and then you gotta pay the stealership another couple grand to "program" them to your engine. Cause you know, Ford needs more money.
                      WH

Comment

Damn...now yah scaring me on getting bad diesel chet....

Yeah truck has about 26k left of warranty so I cant delete the DEF just yet.
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                        X