Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pointers for buying a house while selling another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't even think about doing anything until contacting Ruffdaddy.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      outfuckingstanding!
      I am so happy to have Tanya 110% on board, even she's getting sick of the politics out here. We'll get so much more house for the money, not be stuck on a the average 8k sqft lot that we have out here, and I can finish out my car how I want to without getting a ticket for the tint. I've already got a list of knives and guns to pick up as well, and I'll get a CHL just because I can. heh

Comment

The housing market is pretty crazy right now. What part of town, and what price range are you looking at, if you dont mind me asking?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The housing market is pretty crazy right now. What part of town, and what price range are you looking at, if you dont mind me asking?
          First pick is the Lovejoy ISD area, followed by Frisco and Prosper, but I'm open to north and west Plano, Allen, and Mckinney. 3 bedrooms minimum and an office, pool, 1/2 acre or more, corner lot if possible. Max of $500k, but I'm open to spending more for the "perfect" property.

I hate that the market is near what I perceive to be a high point, but if we buy right, we won't be selling ever again. Fortunately the Sacramento market is back on the rise, and I don't expect it to stop by the time we move.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            First pick is the Lovejoy ISD area, followed by Frisco and Prosper, but I'm open to north and west Plano, Allen, and Mckinney. 3 bedrooms minimum and an office, pool, 1/2 acre or more, corner lot if possible. Max of $500k, but I'm open to spending more for the "perfect" property.

I hate that the market is near what I perceive to be a high point, but if we buy right, we won't be selling ever again. Fortunately the Sacramento market is back on the rise, and I don't expect it to stop by the time we move.
            There are a bunch of Californians moving to that area...
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

There are a bunch of Californians moving to that area...
              That's cool and all, but I'm a Texan moving back to that area (went to PESH).

Comment

Everyone talks about the leaseback option, but as far as I've seen, in reality it never happens. Either the seller can't do it, or the buyer won't do it. It's all about who breaks the chain first. Don't forget they can come back later with contract amendments saying we REALLY want to move in/out quicker. It gets tough.

We had to do storage units and stay with friends despite our best efforts, and the fact that I just couldn't be as forceful or demanding as our seller or buyer. We just wanted it over with by then.
                2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  That's cool and all, but I'm an Ex Texan moving back to that area (went to PESH).
                  Fixed for ya. After 3 years away, you loose your "Texan" claim.

Comment

So it's 10 years wiped per year away? Aint that some ish.

Comment

hows that privilege working out for you?
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

lf by privilege you mean working low level job for 7 and a half years to finally be given the privilege to leave the only life I know completely behind, to start from scratch in a new territory, and completely alone, with a meager salary/commission package in one of the most expensive cities in the country, then it's worked out famously. You don't become and stay successful in sales on "privilege."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

i'm teasing, im happy to see yall doing well, are you having another baby?
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I would expect nothing else. Just the one, but as it is there's 4 of us in a 1,500 sqft 3-bedroom, one being my office. We were going to have to upgrade one way or another, and thoughts of family and cheaper housing began to crop up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

As has already been mentioned, a leaseback is a good option. We did a lease back on the house we sold in Allen while waiting for the new house to be completed in frisco. I believe in Texas it's tough to get one over 60 days...but don't remember the specific language as to why. We did the max 60 days and told the buyers we would move out as soon as the house finished so they got a few extra days of us paying their mortgage.

We just bought in mckinney with a little lower of a budget (just under 400K), and unless you are fine with older, you're gonna be hard pressed to find what you want in frisco/allen/parker...etc. We didn't look too hard in mckinney for lots that big but I imagine they exist.

Half acre plus will be the hardest part I believe. Wylie, sachse and that area have lots that big in the price range you're after. But we were pretty set on Allen/Frisco/McKinney so we decided to live with a smaller lot.

I'm happy with where we picked because we love the downtown area. If you do pick mckinney...theres always Lockout Gym now...haha

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              Don't even think about doing anything until contacting Ruffdaddy.
                              You still can't get the taste of me out of your mouth huh? Lol...its amazing how jelly you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X