Realtor questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtor questions...

Should I expect a realtor to be sending me leads and links to property for sale or is it my responsibility to find stuff ?
    At the suggestion of a friend we signed a 90 day contract with a realtor in Fredericksburg. She walked the papers on an offer we made on some land.. We never came to an agreement on price and we walked. Haven't heard shit from her since.
    I search new listings all the time online on the sites I can. Found a few we're gonna go look at in a few weeks when we go back down. Why the hell what I want to use her ? I'm kinda doing all the work here.
    I emailed an agent some questions on a listing, and when they found I had a realtor they basically told me to call my realtor. Why can you not answer questions? I am not re-signing a contract with any realtor. I'll find my own shit I guess.

In my experience i have realtors set up a search with my criteria and everytime there is an update it will automatically email you.

From there I vet the property, check owners, taxes, survey, flood planes, check seller disclosures, drive by the property. Then I email or call with any questions to my realtor. I leave my realtor alone unless I am serious about looking and when i do call they know I am serious.

Actually I didn't know you sign a contract with a buying agent.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
      In my experience i have realtors set up a search with my criteria and everytime there is an update it will automatically email you.

From there I vet the property, check owners, taxes, survey, flood planes, check seller disclosures, drive by the property. Then I email or call with any questions to my realtor. I leave my realtor alone unless I am serious about looking and when i do call they know I am serious.

Actually I didn't know you sign a contract with a buying agent.
      Your realtor appreciates you doing 6.5 of their 7%...

We used 8 different realtors and have never used one a second time. They all suck, and don't want to earn their money, or usually even about 25% of it. I would say the demand for a good realtor is high.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Realtors just search the MLA website, same as you can. They like to say they get advance notice of properties, but I think this is a ruse. All they do is setup the automated email, something you could do yourself.

Realtors have this little agreement to only talk to each other so they can grab that 6% commission on the house. Might be better off leaving a note on the doorstep of the property to the owner.

Not sure anyone has ever given me a good reason realtors exist in the age of the internet. Our for-sale-by-owner experience was amazing, and we saved 6% off the cost of the house (aka $15k)...
        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

What pisses me off too is all these realtors have "exclusivity" on listings for a period of time so they never hit the MLS. Unless you check every realtors site, you may miss out on something you want..
          Never again. I'll negotiate my own deals.

Comment

Realtors are almost always a waste if you're not a complete idiot. And don't try to argue with them because remember...half of their training is in ways to convince you of their value. They are a 12% tax on every buy sell transaction that can't go away fast enough. They've only held on this long because they skip on fsbo and non standard transactions. I can't wait for that profession to get the much needed correction and just dissappear.

The best realtor I ever worked with was Creekview Realty, and they are a flat fee listing service. Furthermore, if you sign on to use them as the buyers agent...they kick 2% back to you.

Unless it was an arrangement where they contribute to closing or kick back 2%, there is no reason to sign a buyers agreement.

Lastly, if you're confident in yourself completely...you can typically negotiate the 3% buyers realtor commission out.

Comment

You signed a contract with your realtor? I've never done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Realtors are almost always a waste if you're not a complete idiot. And don't try to argue with them because remember...half of their training is in ways to convince you of their value. They are a 12% tax on every buy sell transaction that can't go away fast enough. They've only held on this long because they skip on fsbo and non standard transactions. I can't wait for that profession to get the much needed correction and just dissappear.

The best realtor I ever worked with was Creekview Realty, and they are a flat fee listing service. Furthermore, if you sign on to use them as the buyers agent...they kick 2% back to you.

Unless it was an arrangement where they contribute to closing or kick back 2%, there is no reason to sign a buyers agreement.

Lastly, if you're confident in yourself completely...you can typically negotiate the 3% buyers realtor commission out.
                Its 6% commission split between the two parties

And Im not a fan of Realtors. I think they had more of a purpose before the interenet was invented. When they actually scanned lists, checked out houses to see if it may be for you, then showed the house...they earned their money.

Realtors get butt hurt real quick and Im sure someone will reply back here defending their monopolized industry. I have read that there are many other states that have VERY strong FSBO sales

Comment

Ive done the FSBO. It was easy, especially in this crazy market.

I'm not going to use a realtor on the buying end when I move. I've had it with their crap. We both agreed we can cancel our agreement at any point. I think this is any now.
                  Sucks that what Im looking at is 5 hours away. Makes it hard to "pop in" to look at stuff. I search realtor.com,centrury21.com,landsoftexas.com,zillow , you name it. get tired of looking.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    Its 6% commission split between the two parties

And Im not a fan of Realtors. I think they had more of a purpose before the interenet was invented. When they actually scanned lists, checked out houses to see if it may be for you, then showed the house...they earned their money.

Realtors get butt hurt real quick and Im sure someone will reply back here defending their monopolized industry. I have read that there are many other states that have VERY strong FSBO sales
                    I say 12% because of the 6% on the sale, and 6% built into the purchase. But that is highly dependent on the type of purchase.

The last 2 new homes I've bought have offered between 5 and 6% commission. They refuse to knock that off if I go without a realtor because they know a realtor will find out and throw a tantrum...refusing to sell their neighborhood. So then I have to go with a realtor that'll do a kickback or contribute a fair amount to the closing costs.

I hate the entire profession everytime I talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      Your realtor appreciates you doing 6.5 of their 7%...

We used 8 different realtors and have never used one a second time. They all suck, and don't want to earn their money, or usually even about 25% of it. I would say the demand for a good realtor is high.
                      They do suck that is why i do the leg work. I just need them to unlock the door thats it.
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

The only time they are valuable on the buy side is if they have exclusive listings. As you guys said, 90% of them are completely lazy and want to do as little as possible but they sure will show up when that commission check is at stake.

I love the look on their face when I tell them that I have done $2 billion worth of commercial RE deals and don't need their help for anything.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          I say 12% because of the 6% on the sale, and 6% built into the purchase. But that is highly dependent on the type of purchase.

The last 2 new homes I've bought have offered between 5 and 6% commission. They refuse to knock that off if I go without a realtor because they know a realtor will find out and throw a tantrum...refusing to sell their neighborhood. So then I have to go with a realtor that'll do a kickback or contribute a fair amount to the closing costs.

I hate the entire profession everytime I talk about it.
                          Out of the properties I have purchased and listed, I have never seen 6% on both sides. It has always been 5-6% split between the buying and selling. Whoever is paying 12% deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                            They do suck that is why i do the leg work. I just need them to unlock the door thats it.
                            Amen.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                            Out of the properties I have purchased and listed, I have never seen 6% on both sides. It has always been 5-6% split between the buying and selling. Whoever is paying 12% deserves it
                            It's been 6-7% on every one of ours. I've never heard of 12, but I guess if you bend over far enough...
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

He's not saying it's 12%; he's saying it's the 6% counted twice.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X