Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it matter to you that your spouse understand/support your hobbies and interests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep it does matter, she is good with me. She knows things break/happen and that's why I love her.
    She knew this going in though, I told her I could go out on Weds. nights only during the summer. The rest of the time I was wrenching on the race car or racing.
    30 plus years were still good.

Comment

You are all confused. Your wife is interested in your hobbies because you care about your hobbies..

My wife pretends to be interested in cars. She hasn't touched or paid some one to wash or change her own oil since we met. She has random car knowledge, and knows nascar but that is not the same as a shared hobby. My life would be alot easier if she didn't have some knowledge on cars, I could fake alot more mods into the budget.

I don't share her hobbies of making sandwiches and cleaning the house. She's cool with that

Comment

I don't really have a hobby. I work, workout, drink a lot of beer, and spend a lot of time in our pool with my son. She works, runs, does spin, and shops a lot. I guess maybe cooking, nice meals out we do together. Most weekends are spent juggling my son's swimming, t ball, then other shit I didn't get to that week.

I've thought about getting an m3, z06, etc but if I found some time to drive it I'd rather be doing something with my boy. The wife doesn't care, she's told me over and over to get a fun car but it just doesn't make sense to me right now.
        Last edited by slow99; 04-10-2017, 08:37 PM.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          My wife gave up judging me on my car and guns issues. She just joins in...if she is in a good mood lol. She's actually a good sport about it. Another reason I put the automatic in the Cobra so now she can drive it too.

I suggested the same to Tanya, and she told me to get a manual if that's what I really want. She knows what the car means to me, and didn't want me to have any less than my idea of perfect. She's now interested in learning how to drive it, which will be fun having a beginner behind a 700hp gas pedal. I've already got the replacement clutch picked out. You don't have to engage in a particular hobby to support it.

Comment

definitely not upset that my wife is not in to my stuff. she does not even care about my car.

i barely have the motivation to maintain my bikes, so i am dreading when the kid wants a fifty. then a sixty. then an eighty. just the money on consumables makes me dizzy.

Comment

She'll occasionally go to a car show or a race or something, and will enjoy it, but it's not her thing.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I suggested the same to Tanya, and she told me to get a manual if that's what I really want. She knows what the car means to me, and didn't want me to have any less than my idea of perfect. She's now interested in learning how to drive it, which will be fun having a beginner behind a 700hp gas pedal. I've already got the replacement clutch picked out. You don't have to engage in a particular hobby to support it.
                700hp (non-cali), gotta be like 550hp with Cali restrictions

Comment

Working...
                X