Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it matter to you that your spouse understand/support your hobbies and interests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it matter to you that your spouse understand/support your hobbies and interests?

Not everyone's wife is an avid drag racer, for example , but I see signs of support as couples go out to the track together.

I also know folks who have to hide their hobbies from their spouses and how much they spend on them.

Just a small tip. It is nice to have a spouse that shares your hobbies, however it gets expensive when you have to have 2 of everything. I was going to attend Bondurant Driving School to see if autocrossing was a hobby I would enjoy. Had to pay for 2, 2 day classes. After the class, I decided maybe it was enjoyable enough to get a car to mess with. She agreed, only if we bought 2 cars..... she is definitely not one of those that "is there for support only". If it is cars, motorcycles, go carts, Atvs, Utvs or any sort of racing fun....she is NOT going to share. There better be one for each of us.....

Comment

Granted, I'm not married so I've no idea how that dynamic would work, but in all of my relationships I didn't care if they supported my shenanigans, but they'd better not bitch about 'em.

Comment

no way i would ever let my chick around car guys, and to that point, i would never date a car chick.

been there done that.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Granted, I'm not married so I've no idea how that dynamic would work, but in all of my relationships I didn't care if they supported my shenanigans, but they'd better not bitch about 'em.
          ^^^^ I could not have said it any better if I tried.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          no way i would ever let my chick around car guys, and to that point, i would never date a car chick.
          Stop being such a weak bitch. If they ain't loyal its cause you ain't hitting it right.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

with that being said, dont bring your girl around me
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
              with that being said, dont bring your girl around me
              Are you afraid of her beating you down?

Cause she will if you are not polite.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It's nice for the support, my wife doesn't help me with car setup and stuff but she comes out and cheers me on when I go race.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

not gonna take any personal shots, but look how many chicks have been tossed around on this site between members. no way i would want my chick around the scene unless its at the track and i finally get fast enough to need a chute and someone to fold the laundry.
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The perfect mix is a chick that supports your hobby because you like it, but isn't as into it as you are.

I'm in a fantastic marriage and we get along great, but part of the fun of my hobbies is either being by myself or hanging with my boys. If my wife wanted to be in the middle of that, I think it would kill some of the joy. She and I have other things we like to do together, but I'm glad it's not everything.

Comment

nope...

She does her thing, I do my thing, we meet somewhere in the middle. I didn't get into this looking for a best friend to do shit with. I have that.

Comment

I really want my wife to learn how to shoot.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My wife supports me but doesn't share my cars. She can shoot and we do go to the range together.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            nope...

She does her thing, I do my thing, we meet somewhere in the middle. I didn't get into this looking for a best friend to do shit with. I have that.
                            thx fam
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

on the same note, im not gonna call big matt to go to restoration hardware cause i have the inkling to build or restore a piece of furniture, but my chick is good at that.
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X