Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guarantee you someone was watching "Aliens" when the light goes on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guarantee you someone was watching "Aliens" when the light goes on...

US Army testing a device that could give soldiers a 'third arm'

Traditional weaponry has often been a burden to soldiers, placing added weight on their bodies, slowing reaction at times when all of their facilities are needed. Future troops may wind up having a “third arm” to help offset the weight...

Should make some sort of extending brace to keep that chicken wing in check.

Comment

I see that hitting every single door, window, vehicle door when you get out, tree, etc in the real world.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

He'd be a a way better shooter if he didn't have dogshit form.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          I see that hitting every single door, window, vehicle door when you get out, tree, etc in the real world.
          Exactly what I thought. Getting in and out of a vehicle with just an M16 and and a very small loadout sucked. That shit got hung up on seatbelts and door handles constantly. Fuck adding a 5 foot metal arm to it.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Can you imagine doing room clearing with that? Banging up and down the hall, hang up on the door face and then throw in wearing NVG's and trying to not get hung up at night and fitting that around your armor and not hitting your buddies with it while taking fire, being unable to hit the ground because of it.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              He'd be a a way better shooter if he didn't have dogshit form.
              lmao, right...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Here's a thought, let's combat the issue of weight from all of the baggage a soldier has to carry by, yes adding more baggage and weight. Brilliant!

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                  Here's a thought, let's combat the issue of weight from all of the baggage a soldier has to carry by, yes adding more baggage and weight. Brilliant!

David
                  They already are. Several companies are far into development of "exoskeletons" as the mil has been asking tech firms for force multipliers since the 80's. This project is a likely an evolution of one of those projects. Just as Big Dog was evolution of the supply chain force multipliers. Turns out they were too noisy for the troops and diverless ATVs were a better solution

There have even been recent developments with ultra low energy bio-synthetic materials that may show promise in muscle replacement/augmentation

Comment

Working...
                  X