Wedding gift ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding gift ?

Nephew getting married (why, I have no idea).. Question is this on the gift ..
    Cash? or what ? I hate to give cash, he'll just pay bills. Wish I could give him a deposit on a IRA or some long term investment. Probably $500-1000. Suggestions ?

Dji phantom or a gun if you are spending that cash

Comment

What do they need?

Comment

Have him meet you at a Scottrade and set up an account. Then buy that amount of KO, MO, F, GE, FB or AMZN stock. Something that is very likely to really grow over time and/or pay dividends over the long haul. I think if younger people saw how easy it is to get these accounts going and how easy it was to add money (and make it grow). They would start at a much younger age and be way ahead of the curve.

Comment

Hookers and blow for the bachelor party
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Google good wedding gifts you'll find a bunch of stuff. If they don't have a keurig that's a good gift. I use mine everyday

Comment

Gravy boat.

Comment

Crock pot

Comment

When we got married, we were originally thinking a money tree for people to leave $$$ or gift cards. Once it was all said and done, we were glad to get a lot of the gifts that we got, kitchen gadgets, good quality pots/pans, etc. We already had a lot of what most people need to acquire since we had been living together for several years already, but there were a few things that we didn't even know that we needed!

The investment is a great idea, if he is responsible. If not, he will just cash it out first time he needs/wants some money. If you are gifting that kind of money for an investment type deal, I would want to know that it is going to be safe from their impulses so that it helps to secure their future.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Cash always to young couples unless specified otherwise.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                      Have him meet you at a Scottrade and set up an account. Then buy that amount of KO, MO, F, GE, FB or AMZN stock. Something that is very likely to really grow over time and/or pay dividends over the long haul. I think if younger people saw how easy it is to get these accounts going and how easy it was to add money (and make it grow). They would start at a much younger age and be way ahead of the curve.
                      I think that's a damn good idea! I wish someone would have done something like that for me when I got married. I had some relatives give us cash and it was spent within a month on bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                        . I had some relatives give us cash and it was spent within a month on bullshit.
                        THAT is my thoughts.
                        Maybe I'll do both. Give a small cash deal, and then get an account set up with a ROTH IRA..

Comment

Working...
                        X