No announcement yet.

working nights sux big balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give any kind of life you have the middle finger. If I try and do stuff after work in the morning I'll end up staying up most of the day which screws my night up, and fuck a twelve hour night

Comment

Ive worked 4-midnight for almost 5 years. About to start another job (I hope) doing the same thing. As long as I don't work weekends im fine.

Wake up at 11am take care of stuff and hang out. Go to work and come back and wind down and head to bed at 2-3.

It's not over night though. I've done a few midnight to 8am shifts and midnight to noon shifts and those suck big time n
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working nights never bothered me. I have an office job now, 8-5, and I still stay up until at least 2 AM every day. I have always been a night owl.

Comment

I hope to be working the 4-12:30 shift.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I used to work 7a-7p shift.

I absolutely loved it. As a RN the nights a very easy on the floor(Non ER job).

No family to deal with, doctors don't come in, patients sleep and it is quite.

On top of all that you get a shift differential that equaled another $6k a year, all for less work.

I would get in at 1830 and at home after commute at 0800, shower and sleep till 1530. Run errands, cook, exercise, whatever. I only worked three in a row.

The key for me was to never get completely back in a day routine. On my days off I would stay up until 0330 at minimum, and sleep no more than 8 hours. This made it a lot easier for me, and after surviving the first night back with caffiene, I was made the other two or three no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              I hope to be working the 4-12:30 shift.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
              You and me both sir. Hope we get our calls tomorrow.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                You and me both sir. Hope we get our calls tomorrow.
                also interviewed on saturday, Also hoping for that call. Evening shift rules...

<--not a morning person

Comment

I manage it via chemically altering myself: alcohol, caffeine, melatonin, valerian, yerba mate, sublingual B12. It's a tough road to go down, but it's not too bad once you get used to it. Just remember to take every possible opportunity to sleep, or you'll always feel like shit, and make it a point to keep yourself occupied when you are up, and not at work. Don't just veg out.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                  X