working nights sux big balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working nights sux big balls

I never thought I would work night again after doing it for almost 11 years. But due to all this bullshit they call restructuring here I am. While I don't mind the slight increase in $$, what I really don't enjoy is the lack of a life. I'm not looking forward to the zombie like state that I will be in in the next few days.

How do some of you nocturnal beings do it?
    --carlos

sigpic

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
    I never thought I would work night again after doing it for almost 11 years. But due to all this bullshit they call restructuring here I am. While I don't mind the slight increase in $$, what I really don't enjoy is the lack of a life. I'm not looking forward to the zombie like state that I will be in in the next few days.

the latest ive ever worked was up until 11pm. no way i could do it on a daily basis.

my brother used to work overnights and his habits changed drastically. he would sleep until he had to go to work, go home and stay up for a few hours, eat run errands, then make his room dark and pass out. he would always make 5 small meals and eat throughout his shift.

i can barely pass out at night let alone try to sleep during the morning time.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I don't know how late shift workers do it. My cousin did the late shift for almost a year, and he never adjusted to the change. Our bodies have an internal clock, and sleeping during the day simply isn't "normal."

One of the pluses is that you can do the normal daytime shit for things that normally close at 5 without having to take vacation.

Comment

shut up and get back to work

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          lolz
          Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

haha, este guey.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I worked nights for 3 years full time and went to school full time. You just have to get used to it, the first month is the hardest. After that it's an easy paycheck.
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Try the energy drinks until your internal clock changes or adjust. Shouldn't take more than a week.

Comment

I am built for the night shift man. I HATE the mornings, even 11AM is early for me. I am usually up till 4 or 5 and sleep till 1PM.

Comment

Funny thing is that I'm actually working not sitting at some desk with a radio.
                    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                      I worked nights for 3 years full time and went to school full time. You just have to get used to it, the first month is the hardest. After that it's an easy paycheck.
                      I was never able to get used to it. I was always half dead.
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                        Try the energy drinks until your internal clock changes or adjust. Shouldn't take more than a week.
                        Staying awake through the night is not a problem at all. I'm a morning person for the most part, and once the sun starts coming up, I find it really hard to go to bed.
                        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Funny thing is that I'm actually working not sitting at some desk with a radio.
                          ha whatever, i do more work in one night than you do all week... see if you actually worked then when you got off you would be tired and going to sleep would not be a problem, but since you dont thats why ur not tired lol

just lay down turn the air up and close your eyes, you will be knocked out in no time.. thats what i do..

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

One of the oil field company's I worked for we had 2 crews and swapped days/nights every week. your sleep schedule stayed screwed up.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

nights arent much fun but consider not having a job at all. youll stay up all night due to stress but you wont get paid. look at it this way now you have all day long to go to interviews for another job just dont quit until you find another one.

Comment

Working...
                              X