Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 dead, 2 injured in head on collision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    I don't see how a text/driving ban would be enforceable to a degree to actually make a difference. All of the drivers I see doing it keep their phone down low. The only way I can tell is if I happen to catch their face in their mirrors, other than the obvious driving patterns. But would the LEO have to have solid proof? What kind of proof? Will they side with the officer's word or require video?

I agree though, it's getting outrageous. The thought that I have a daughter nearing driving age, with a cell phone, scares me.
    Not really. I see them everyday just staring at the damn phone clueless. At night they are even easier to spot. I really notice them more riding my motorcycle though. They are just irritating.

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    I've said this year's and years ago. There needs to be a GPS speed activated soft switch that disables all visual media when GPS signal determines you are going over 20 mph.

Most adults won't go for this although because soo many people are dumb without their cell phones and have to completely rely on technology and not their brain.
    I actually tried to find a app not to long ago and couldn't.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I really notice them more riding my motorcycle though. They are just irritating.
      Exactly. Much better POV and easier to get around and away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Not really. I see them everyday just staring at the damn phone clueless. At night they are even easier to spot. I really notice them more riding my motorcycle though. They are just irritating.

I actually tried to find a app not to long ago and couldn't.
        I think AT&T has a drive mode app (not sure what exactly it's called) that would disable that stuff (not sure if it would disable Google Maps though). I remember my sister having it on and I would get a message when she was driving that she would respond back once you had reached her destination LOL! I think she was testing it to turn on for her kids.

Comment

I hate to see it come to this because we lose freedom in the process when we oppress all the people for the crimes of a few. I would like to see if there was a way to keep our freedoms while prosecuting those who are irresponsible. Like when there is road construction, fines are double. How about if there is an accident caused by you and you are the fucken dumbass who caused it by texting or talking while driving, you get double trouble? Ah well, too not cut and dry I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Exactly, I've spent several weekends hunting to the east of there, on top of it being rural it seems like half the people that work the ranches drive about like that guy on the smaller roads.
            All of the small cities around here are unincorporated. Meaning that there isn't a mayor, city council, police department, etc... Uptopia has one sheriff from Yvaldr(40 miles away) drive up once a week. Unless there's a call which still takes the police department 45-60 minutes to respond. FrI'm what I've seen most of the traffic out here does 80+ and there's a lot of people who drink and drive. I think there's more alcoholics out here than back in the city. I guess there's nothing else to do for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
              FrI'm what I've seen most of the traffic out here does 80+ and there's a lot of people who drink and drive. I think there's more alcoholics out here than back in the city. I guess there's nothing else to do for some people.
              Booze cruise is just standard procedure out in that part of the world. The ranch I go to is between Utopia and D'Hanis.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                Booze cruise is just standard procedure out in that part of the world. The ranch I go to is between Utopia and D'Hanis.
                Gun ranch? I drive from Utopia to hondo every day. Pass right through D'hanis. the Record Book Ranch is a few hundred yards away from my house also.

Comment

Saw a story this morning that he admitted was on a bunch of pills and texting while driving.

Comment

so we he went from no bill to possible life without parole. smart kid
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                      Gun ranch? I drive from Utopia to hondo every day. Pass right through D'hanis. the Record Book Ranch is a few hundred yards away from my house also.
                      Nooner, its down the road from Record Buck

Comment

I hate to dispute their finding, but I don't believe them when they found it in the front seat.

"Hewitt stated that he found medications in the front seat of Young's pickup including 29 Zolpidem pills in a bottle, 30 Escitalopram pills in a bottle, an empty bottle of Clonazepam and an empty bottle of Prazosin."

Comment

That's likely a case of semantics, he probably meant to differentiate between locked away in the rear of the cab, as opposed to on the front floorboard, with apparent access by the driver. Or by some more dumb luck, the meds ended up on the seat after the truck stopped moving.

The blood work will tell us for certain.

Comment

I've been in a pretty much head on collision and everything in my truck or in the area in front of the console was up on the dash.

Comment

I called the cops on a drunk driver swerving like this before. Gave them my detailed location, direction, cross streets as I passed them etc. Followed the guy for miles, and dispatch said they couldn't figure out where I was. They never came, and I eventually gave up.

Another time, guy came in my lane on 635 and traded paint a bit and didnt stop, continued swerving down the road. Called the cops on him too, was told there was nothing they could do.

The slow response or non response to traffic issues is a real problem. You can report someone doing something potentially deadly, and they do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                                I called the cops on a drunk driver swerving like this before. Gave them my detailed location, direction, cross streets as I passed them etc. Followed the guy for miles, and dispatch said they couldn't figure out where I was. They never came, and I eventually gave up.

Another time, guy came in my lane on 635 and traded paint a bit and didnt stop, continued swerving down the road. Called the cops on him too, was told there was nothing they could do.

The slow response or non response to traffic issues is a real problem. You can report someone doing something potentially deadly, and they do nothing.
                                I called the cops on a guy swerving all over the place on 45 one night a number of years ago.. We stayed on with 911 for about 5 minutes until we passed several cop cars waiting at an on-ramp and told the operator we had just passed them. They immediately pulled him over and dispatch even called back after the fact and confirmed the guy was intoxicated and on his way to jail.

Comment

Working...
                                X