Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 dead, 2 injured in head on collision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 dead, 2 injured in head on collision.

The accident happened a few miles from my house. Im part of the Volunteer Fire Department but I didnt go to the call yesterday because my wifes out of town and I had to pick up my kids from school.
    The Department of Public Safety and Bexar County Medical examiner confirmed 13 people died and 2 were injured in a head-on collision near Garner State Park on Wednesday afternoon.The accident happened around 12 p.m. off Highway 83 North when a bus carryin

CONCAN, Texas (SBG San Antonio) — The Department of Public Safety and Bexar County Medical examiner confirmed 13 people died and 2 were injured in a head-on collision near Garner State Park on Wednesday afternoon.
    The accident happened around 12 p.m. off Highway 83 North when a bus carrying seniors from the First Baptist church in New Braunfels collided with a heavy-duty pick-up truck.
    The bus was carrying 14 members of the church while the truck was occupied by one person. Authorities said the driver of the truck is at fault in the accident that killed 13 members of the church.
    Three people survived the initial impact and were Airlifted to University Hospital -- one of the three survivors ultimately succumbed to their injuries at 2:25 p.m., bringing the death toll to 13.Rick Ballesteros of Uvalde came upon the scene of the accident and said the bus and a pick-up truck were involved in the head-on crash. He said there were possibly seven fatalities.
    "It was a really gruesome scene," said Ballesteros during a phone interview.
    Uvalde County Fire Marshals said DPS and EMS units, as well as Airlife, were on the scene.
    A representative from Airlife said two people were transported to University Hospital.
    A lieutenant with the TxDPS said there were several fatalities but could not confirm how many.
    The Uvalde County Sheriff's Office said Highway 83 North is closed south of Garner State Park and traffic will be rerouted through CR 350 and FM 1050. The highway will be closed for several hours.
    Garner State Park is almost 88 miles west of San Antonio.
    The Department of Public Safety and Bexar County Medical examiner confirmed 13 people died and 2 were injured in a head-on collision near Garner State Park on Wednesday afternoon.The accident happened around 12 p.m. off Highway 83 North when a bus carryin

I've been biting my tongue to not bring this story up until more detailed investigation occurs. I'm wondering if the driver of the truck is going to be A. Illegal, and B. under the influence of either a drug or alcohol. If the driver ends up being illegal AND/OR inebriated....the media will do everything in their power to prevent that being published because it won't EVER fit their agenda. Its a horrific tragedy regardless and many families are suffering unbelievable anguish right now.

Comment

Can't really read the stickers on the truck's back window, but I'd bet a younger guy, legal, possibly intoxicated or texting and driving.

Comment

very very sad
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
          Can't really read the stickers on the truck's back window, but I'd bet a younger guy, legal, possibly intoxicated or texting and driving.
          Yea, I'm going younger white guy in white washed wranglers with a dip in.

Comment

The pickup driver, Jack Dillon Young, 20, of Leakey, Texas,

Comment

RIP to those who lost their lives.

Comment

There was a FB post about this. Apparently there is a witness that had called 911 a short time earlier to alert them of an aggressive driver however the post didn't say which vehicle she was referring to. Then, before the police could assist, the crash occurred. I'm guessing it wouldn't have been the bus full of old people.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  I've been biting my tongue to not bring this story up until more detailed investigation occurs. I'm wondering if the driver of the truck is going to be A. Illegal, and B. under the influence of either a drug or alcohol. If the driver ends up being illegal AND/OR inebriated....the media will do everything in their power to prevent that being published because it won't EVER fit their agenda. Its a horrific tragedy regardless and many families are suffering unbelievable anguish right now.
                  Why would you automatically assume it was a drunk Mexican? Especially in a HD Dually pickup in rural Texas. Sounds more like a country boy to me..

Oh, now that I pay attention to the location of the accident, I guess I can see why.
                  Last edited by Chili; 03-31-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I looked at the wheels and thought, yep Mexican, but I'm no one to judge. I'm white and roll like I'm a mexico balla.
                    sigpic

Comment

Why does it matter what color the guy was? Dumb comes in all shades.

Plus, I'm willing to bet we were all pretty dumb at 20yo.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

Because every news story must somehow be aligned with one's political leanings.. I've unfollowed so many FB friends because of this nonsense I lost count.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

This ^^^

Probably texting and driving...
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Why would you automatically assume it was a drunk Mexican? Especially in a HD Dually pickup in rural Texas. Sounds more like a country boy to me..

Oh, now that I pay attention to the location of the accident, I guess I can see why.
                            Yep...location. And I digress....I was wrong. I get jaded living where I do when it seems every goddamn day a terrible crash is reported in the news and without fail 99.9% of the time its always an illegal in a stolen vehicle who's methed out, high as a kite AND drunk...on his 12th DWI.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Yep...location. And I digress....I was wrong. I get jaded living where I do when it seems every goddamn day a terrible crash is reported in the news and without fail 99.9% of the time its always an illegal in a stolen vehicle who's methed out, high as a kite AND drunk...on his 12th DWI.
                              Yeah, I definitely get that. We are all biased based on our own experiences. I see idiots around here constantly distracted in their cars by their phones. Like every single day I see at least one person do something dumb because of them, and I only commute 10 miles each way. I automatically assumed it was someone distracted by their phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X