Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang found in New Mexico junkyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if Chapo owned it?

Comment

My understanding is there were two cars used in the movie.

This one was suppose to go to the junk yard and had holes for camera mounts etc.

My opinion is any car that inspired a car company to make a special model line is worth something.

This was the car doing the actual chase scene which is iconic. Million dollar car for sure.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Its the real deal and its a million dollar car. I wouldnt pay that but trust me it will be sold for at least a million.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          That's not the point. Kevin Marti already confirmed its legitimacy. I keep having to tell you this: try again.
          Not that it matters, at what stage was marti brought in to view the chassis. Was the car found with an engine and transmission and rear end or as depicted, a shell with nothing on it

The only pictures I've ever seen of the actual car, are pictures of a semi restored vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
            Not that it matters, at what stage was marti brought in to view the chassis. Was the car found with an engine and transmission and rear end or as depicted, a shell with nothing on it

The only pictures I've ever seen of the actual car, are pictures of a semi restored vehicle
            The pictures you've seen are what Kevin Marti saw. He was also allowed to see the original floor pan (as I understand it) and original roof, neither of which are attached to the car.

It has no engine or transmission and from what I understand, the rear end is from a 67.

Comment

Working...
            X