Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to dig up a 15 year old thread on the old board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to dig up a 15 year old thread on the old board?

15 years ago today, Forrest's brother passed away. Those of you that were around back then may remember he posted up, in anguish, a few paragraphs in a thread. Then he and I exchanged a few PMs...

I am wondering if somewhere in the archives it could be dug up. If you know Molly, she's the one that would appreciate it.

I just went over there and it looks like a foreign country, and I'm about to register, but initial attempts at a search without being logged in make me think that it might be a pretty tall order to find it.

But if anyone can still access through admin privileges and find something that far back... it'd be nice.

Basically this date from 2002 with Forrest as the OP.

there is a guy on FB who commented on his sisters page today about the poem you are talking about.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

If we assume:

Nay Nay = Rodney

and

93LXHORSE= Chris Hart

Therefore: It was me talking about the poem.

Come on man, we met like..... 15 years ago!

Comment

What was he running for a username over there?

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
          If we assume:

Nay Nay = Rodney

and

93LXHORSE= Chris Hart

Therefore: It was me talking about the poem.

Come on man, we met like..... 15 years ago!
          lol my bad.. ask her. i know you man, i just didnt put 2+2 together as i rolled past it.
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

It is buried in Canada somewhere.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              What was he running for a username over there?
              back then i am almost positive it would have been stinkin lincoln or something to that effect.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Maybe Jose backed up the old server before Trudeau got a hold of it..

Comment

Found this

Never found any poems though, other than the poetry that was the man. Fuck...I read through a lot of threads involving him and was not prepared for the rush of sadness that cascaded over. I miss that sumbitch.

Comment

I think there was an update to the server again somewhere between the email list days, and the first board. hence how i was able to be THE #3 REGISTERED USER ON THE OLD SITES. oops sorry for the caps.
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Found this

Never found any poems though, other than the poetry that was the man. Fuck...I read through a lot of threads involving him and was not prepared for the rush of sadness that cascaded over. I miss that sumbitch.
                      What does it say..? I have to register and it's being a huge pain in the ass right now...

And, it wasn't a poem, really. It was a collection of thoughts he put out there, that clearly indicated (to me anyway) that it was a tragic ending, but not totally unexpected, and he was sending his most heartfelt frustrations, pleadings, questions, and in the end, best wishes - certainly on wings and with prayer.... to his brother.

That day sucked, and everything that happened last year sucked as well. I have no finality, no closure... only confusion and sadness about the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post

But if anyone can still access through admin privileges and find something that far back
                        I'm still an admin over there Chris. Want my password?
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                          I'm still an admin over there Chris. Want my password?
                          Oh HELL Yes... ha ha!

Comment

I tried to log in. It says my password is wrong but I know it's correct. Maybe they dumped everyone and started over.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              I tried to log in. It says my password is wrong but I know it's correct. Maybe they dumped everyone and started over.
                              Hey no sweat. I will make you an admin, too!

Who else wants to be an admin over there. By tomorrow it will be back in our able hands.

I kid, I kid....

Comment

Working...
                              X