Need help on who to goto for engine rebuild 5.4l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on who to goto for engine rebuild 5.4l

Friends 07 f150 lost oil pressure and began knocking. Looks like his 5.4l is toast. Just looking for a board member or recommended engine rebuilder to help my friend out. Thx.

It's probably cheaper to buy a rebuilt long block, than to have your old engine rebuilt.

To be honest though that 04-07 5.4 is a problem child.

Comment

I would find a pull out engine and throw it in there. When it comes to 4.6 2 valves the used engines are so cheap ($400) that no one even bothers to rebuild.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I used to use these guys a lot:

LKQ Corporation is a leading provider of salvage, recycled OEM and OE aftermarket auto parts to repair and accessorize consumer automobiles and other vehicles.

Comment

If you go used,at least pop valve covers and check timing chains and especially guides on that 5.4. LKQ is hard to get warranty taken care of. So best to check before putting in. Not busting lkqs balls btw. Just take the time if you go used

Comment

That year 5.4 will be cheaper to get a remanded long block than a used.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I would buy a reman and be done with it. Send in the old pos for core install it and be rolling ina week

Comment

Speaking of 07 5.4L. Mine seems to not have as much HP like it did new. It has 92K miles on it. Is there something like a timing chain that could be causing it to be mossing the HP? It still seems to have the same Tq.

Comment

My 06 5.4 shit the bed. My mechanic got it working enough to clear the codes. I drove it to the dealership and traded it in on a new truck. Good luck!

Comment

Same with my 08 lol

Comment

Working...
                    X