What's it worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93coupett View Post
    I've looked on FB, RJ, nationwide craigslist, etc. I actually found this one on Craigslist and then found it on RJ. I wish I would have started looking late last year. I saw some nice one's with similar specs on Corral that sold for 15k or less. I'd like to stay "around" 15k if at all possible. I'm mainly looking for opinions to see if I'm being unrealistic or if he is.
    Car looked good until the details came out.

I think finding a well built dart block car that is very clean will be very hard to find for 15k. Sure deals do pop up but certainly not the norm. The ones I see for that range usually look ok in photos but don't reflect in person. In my opinion I would up my budget a little from 15 and buy something great for around 20. I'd be interested to see what you've found in that range. I do think you'll have a better shot if you are not looking for a coupe.

I'll repeat what's been told to me many times. Buy something with great paint and body already done. You will rarely recoup the costs of this and it isn't cheap to do right.

As far as coyote swaps for 15... they won't have PS, PB, or AC and will need it's fair share of work. Clean examples are bringing 20+ with ease and guys like LarryB are getting much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      one of my customers has a yellow 03 cobra.
      That's a great price, wheres the rear spoiler?
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        That's a great price, wheres the rear spoiler?
        beats me, he buys from the auctions, so he likely doesnt have a clue it should have one. Sells mostly bmw's and whatnot.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          beats me, he buys from the auctions, so he likely doesnt have a clue it should have one. Sells mostly bmw's and whatnot.
          Looks like someone bought a V-6 trunk and painted it or they fixed all 7 holes and repainted the trunk. Those factory spoilers are expensive and IMO make the car.
          Still a good deal though, I would buy it if I had the cash laying around, not too many 03-04 stock Cobra's left...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Looks like someone bought a V-6 trunk and painted it or they fixed all 7 holes and repainted the trunk. Those factory spoilers are expensive and IMO make the car.
            Still a good deal though, I would buy it if I had the cash laying around, not too many 03-04 stock Cobra's left...
            Some people dont like the spoilers. I agree, the cobra spoilers rocked, but to each their own.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

There are some 03-04 cobras out there that were ordered with spoiler delete. I have seen a few over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                Car looked good until the details came out.

I think finding a well built dart block car that is very clean will be very hard to find for 15k. Sure deals do pop up but certainly not the norm. The ones I see for that range usually look ok in photos but don't reflect in person. In my opinion I would up my budget a little from 15 and buy something great for around 20. I'd be interested to see what you've found in that range. I do think you'll have a better shot if you are not looking for a coupe.

I'll repeat what's been told to me many times. Buy something with great paint and body already done. You will rarely recoup the costs of this and it isn't cheap to do right.

As far as coyote swaps for 15... they won't have PS, PB, or AC and will need it's fair share of work. Clean examples are bringing 20+ with ease and guys like LarryB are getting much more.
                My budget depends on the car and overall quality although once you start talking 20k in a fox, I begin to think maybe spending more on a new(er) modded 5.0 and have all the comforts new cars bring. How much power will these new 5.0's hold anyway? I haven't done much research yet, but I'd like to have a 700 - 800 rwhp street car with A/C, heat, nice stereo, etc.

Here are some links to the fox's I was comparing this one to that have sold over on the corral. I was thinking 15k based on what the car I posted needed. Here are some that are in the same "ballpark" price once you take into negotiations and a cash sale.

The above one is to much or a drag car for me, but has the parts I'd like so the value/ asking price is right in line with the one I was originally looking at.

Not sure of the price of this one, but he did post it up in a thread where the guy wanted something for 20K or less
                www.cowlgaugeconcepts.com and on Facebook

Comment

Here is a coyote swapped coupe that is in DFW. If it had a turbo and was complete I might be interested at his asking price.

Comment

The "beater bomb"

Vehicle Classifieds - "Beater Bomb" 1990 Mustang - Finally time to move on with this car, it has come a long way since i owned it. TX2K13 STREETS '13 - StangKilr vs Beater Bomb & More - YouTube THE BEATER BOMB vs Everyone and their Mom! - YouTube Beater Bomb goes to the 1/4 mile - YouTube BEATER BOMB 5.3L 500hp Fox vs...

Comment

Comment

Glad I held on to mine... Not perfect, but it will do..

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Yea I still want that ever since you share it with me and then told me it wasn't for sale

Comment

Love that car. Probably my favorite in the site next to Stretch's 4 eye coyote coupe.
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Bring 20k to one of the next no prep race and find you a solid 5 second car that you can see up close and watch perform.
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                                Bring 20k to one of the next no prep race and find you a solid 5 second car that you can see up close and watch perform.
                                I already got a 5 sec coupe that is nicer than any other at a no prep event. I want a street car with a stick, a/c, heat, power steering, etc. to enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X