What's it worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth

So I've decided I would like to maybe get a nice high HP fox to cruise on the weekends. Last night I ran across this ad and this car fits my criteria perfectly. Clean, high HP with Dart block, and most importantly A/C and heat. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. I emailed him an offer that I thought was fair and he countered at a price I still feel is high. Keeping all that private I'd like to know your opinions on what you feel is fair price on this one. I would really like to buy it, but at a reasonable price for both of us. I'm looking to keep this one so I will pay good money for a nice car that is done right, but also don't want to overpay. Let's hear your opinions and never mind his asking price.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Radical-St...eet-Beast.html
    www.cowlgaugeconcepts.com and on Facebook

So how much HP does it make?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      So how much HP does it make?
      He says 690 to the wheels on 11# of boost. Stock computer with a chip so I am sure that is a limiting factor.

Comment

everything on RJ is gonna be priced high, you need to get on one of the many facebook groups.

At “Turbobullet Parts” you’ll find the best of the best new and used high end drag racing parts, race cars, toter homes and Race Trailers. Please contact one of our Admins if you want to promote a...
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          everything on RJ is gonna be priced high, you need to get on one of the many facebook groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/turbobulletparts/
          I've looked on FB, RJ, nationwide craigslist, etc. I actually found this one on Craigslist and then found it on RJ. I wish I would have started looking late last year. I saw some nice one's with similar specs on Corral that sold for 15k or less. I'd like to stay "around" 15k if at all possible. I'm mainly looking for opinions to see if I'm being unrealistic or if he is.

Comment

15 is about right for that car. Engine is nice, but standard shit everywhere else. If it's a very detailed build maybe more, but but is agree with 15k.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              15 is about right for that car. Engine is nice, but standard shit everywhere else. If it's a very detailed build maybe more, but but is agree with 15k.
              Agreed.

However he does state "original paint" and if that's true (very hard to believe) it could fetch a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                Agreed.

However he does state "original paint" and if that's true (very hard to believe) it could fetch a little more.
                I originally offered 16 and he countered at 20. I just emailed him back and told him I'd do 17, but that's as high as I'll go. I'm not in a big hurry so maybe he'll contact me back in a few weeks if it doesn't sell by them. I feel that is a fair offer for the both of us considering what I found had sold late last year. Guess we'll just have to wait and see now.

Comment

Originally posted by 93coupett View Post
                  I originally offered 16 and he countered at 20. I just emailed him back and told him I'd do 17, but that's as high as I'll go. I'm not in a big hurry so maybe he'll contact me back in a few weeks if it doesn't sell by them. I feel that is a fair offer for the both of us considering what I found had sold late last year. Guess we'll just have to wait and see now.
                  That's a very generous offer without close inspection, I'd definitely let him marinate on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                    That's a very generous offer without close inspection, I'd definitely let him marinate on that.

Obviously my offer is pending my inspection. Normally I'd negotiate in person, but in this case I'd like to get an agreed price before flying out or driving 1k miles to pic it up. He just countered, but we are still a ways off. Think I'm gonna stand firm and wait a few weeks. I know my offer will eat on him. It would on me especially if I really wanted to sell it.

Comment

Without a more complete list detailing the build and without seeing it in person, I'd say $15 is generous.

McLoed clutch? Which one. Difference could be as much as $1,000 new. For example.

What's in the block? Cam, valvetrain parts, etc also?

Think if he had to part it out. What would he get? Builds like that will always be worth more parted, but way less than what he spent, if he bought the parts new himself to begin with.

Figure longblock and blower parts would sell eventually for $8-10k. Then the roller in fantastic shape would still only bring $1,500-3,000 tops. So he's got a couple $50 gauges and a $2,000 set of wheels that used are worth $900-1,200 wheels/tires.

Best of luck to you both.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

A well-built clean one with good parts will hold its value. They get harder to find every year. Three years from now that will be 25k+ and you'll be wondering why you didn't buy it under 20k when you had the chance.

Originally posted by 93coupett View Post
                        I wish I would have started looking late last year. I saw some nice one's with similar specs on Corral that sold for 15k or less.
                        Exactly my point.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

On one hand I hope they're selling that high!

But, like others have mentioned, there's a lot of detail left out to be 22k. If that car also has MM suspension with all the bells and whistles, brembo/cobra brakes (can't tell from the pic), low miles, and the engine built by a reputable machine shop... then sure.

Comment

I am seeing more and more articles that Fox body mustangs are becoming the new collector car, so I would expect prices to rise, not fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                              I am seeing more and more articles that Fox body mustangs are becoming the new collector car, so I would expect prices to rise, not fall.
                              those are all written by guys with more than one fox body, hoping to make a quick dime!

Comment

Working...
                              X