bluegreen vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluegreen vacation

Anyone ever been to a timeshare trail stay. We got a deal while at ProBass shop and will be going hopefully in June. We are thinking of one in Charleston SC. What is there to do there.

They can be nice but you will be pressured to attend a sales meeting every day. No matter how persuasive they are, Do NOT sign anything. There is a reason that all of the commercials out now for getting our of your timeshare. The fees never end or go down.

Truly, you are better off just paying for a hotel while you are on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
      They can be nice but you will be pressured to attend a sales meeting every day. No matter how persuasive they are, Do NOT sign anything. There is a reason that all of the commercials out now for getting our of your timeshare. The fees never end or go down.

Truly, you are better off just paying for a hotel while you are on vacation.
      This. We had to pay to get out out of ours. Whereas we could rent a unit in the same place for the same price to save some member his dues that year.

Comment

If you are going to Charlston, there is some cool stuff to see in Hilton Head. Great area. We spent a week on the island a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

We have one that my wife bought before we met. I paid it off and we swapped it for Galveston and Arkansas for years. We haven't used it in a while and have several weeks banked right now. It doesn't bother me since it is 75.00 a month and you can swap for anywhere in the world almost. If you have a lot of kids and have access to one I could see the benefit I guess over the years. My wife and I have talked about selling it before since it is a red week and in hill country.

She bought hers years ago for like 7500. Then you figure 75.00 a month for a year equals 900.00. Considering we get a two bedroom place that is fully furnished it is ok I guess. Decent hotel rooms would cost you well over that for 7 days. Just depends on your needs and use. We take our friends with us and they see the most benefit since it is free for them. We almost swapped it for a Galveston set up and a small upgrade fee a fews years back. We love staying on the beach down there. Not pristine but just a quick get away.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

definitely get in on the time shares! you're a fool if you let this opportunity slip by!

Comment

Some luxury hotel chains will let you get timeshares to use where you want. I'd rather do that.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ask them if it's ok you've been convicted of a felony, and filed for bankruptcy.

Comment

Did I mention the price for yearly "maintenance" goes up? There's little you can do about it?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

No,signing for us on anything.

Comment

Don't buy a timeshare. I used to own one through Marriott, and it was a steal the first 6 or 7 years as went to several high end places for far less than what it would cost us to pay out of pocket. That's when the annual maintenance fees started going through the roof. We sold ours back for about what our original purchase price was. We didn't lose money but didn't end up saving much either. Fortunately we didn't hold on to it very long after fees started surging.

Charleston is awesome. I'm from the Carolinas and my bro went to school at CSU. Historic Charleston has The Battery and Fort Sumter are cool. The Hunley was raised there and is in North Charleston. Lots of good eats in downtown Charleston, and then Mt. Pleasant is cool. Make sure to go to Shem Creek there to eat. Myrtle Beach is within drive of a day trip (although I'd stay on the south end instead of going all the way through it and to North Myrtle), and Hilton Head isn't terribly far. I like Savannah far more than Hilton Head though.

Comment

Working...
                      X