Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Denver Auto transporter recommendations

Hi Fellas,

We're getting closer and closer to our move to Denver. Our house went on the market on Friday (open house today). We're heading to Denver in a couple of weeks to do some house shopping. And now I'm looking for the best way to get my Porsche taken to Denver without me having to drive it.

I've seen Auto transport quotes from $500 on up but I have no idea what to look for in a shipper. Who's good, who's crap, and how do I tell them apart.

So do you guys have any recommendations? I'm not looking for cheap. I'm looking for fairly priced, fully insured, and highly competent.

BTW, for anyone interested in moving to Denton, here is the listing for our house.

A member here had results with one. Perez, something? Maybe do a search?

Didn't say they were good results.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      A member here had results with one. Perez, something? Maybe do a search?

Didn't say they were good results.
      Lol

Comment

$314,900

You missed a great opportunity to geek out and Pi that motherfucker.

$314,159

Comment

$314,900

You missed a great opportunity to geek out and Pi that motherfucker.

$314,159
          Aw hell, you're right..

Dude, I'm doing that if it isn't sold by Pi Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Aw hell, you're right..

Dude, I'm doing that if it isn't sold by Pi Day.
            Maybe make that a selling point:

In honor of the upcoming Pi day, selling price is reduced to $314,159

Price returns to normal on 3/14 at 1:59pm.

May get you a little bit more attention, and set a certain inelasticity to the price. The buyer may be reluctant to change the number because of the story they could tell after buying.

It's irrational, but if I were buying it would make me pause before asking for a price concession.

Comment

I used Intercity Lines to transport my '56 from New Jersey to Texas. I thought their fee was reasonable, and their service was impeccable. I would definitely use them again.
              Intercity Lines is America's premier enclosed auto transport company. We are the nationwide enclosed car shipping company trusted by Jay Leno & Wayne Carini

Comment

U-ship is what I got my big truck up here with. I liked it a lot.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

NOT Dependable Auto Shippers, that much I know.

Comment

maybe make that a selling point:

In honor of the upcoming pi day, selling price is reduced to $314,159

price returns to normal on 3/14 at 1:59pm.

May get you a little bit more attention, and set a certain inelasticity to the price. The buyer may be reluctant to change the number because of the story they could tell after buying.

It's irrational, but if i were buying it would make me pause before asking for a price concession.
                    lol
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      U-ship is what I got my big truck up here with. I liked it a lot.
                      I used these guys as well shipping my mustang from Colorado Springs to Fayetteville, NC. No issues.
                      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

This guy was in the Air Force with me. He is a car guy himself and does a great job.

MotoShippers is north america’s premiere choice for quality shipping of cars, motorcycles, boats, tractors, ATV’s and just about any other large or small item.

Get Quotes for Shipping from MOTOSHIPPERS LLC on uShip.com. MOTOSHIPPERS LLC of Marysville, Washington serves the following categories: Household Goods, Household & Office Moves, Vehicles, Boats, Special Care Items, Pets, Motorcycles & Power Sports, Heavy Equipment, Business & Industrial Goods, Less Than Truckload, Horses & Livestock, Other

Comment

I paid 750 for a 4 Dr suv from Dallas to Denver. I forgot who I used..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                            I paid 750 for a 4 Dr suv from Dallas to Denver. I forgot who I used..
                            yea, anywhere between that and $1000 and I'm within budget. I put in a quote request for Intercity Lines but I'm going to check on U-Ship too. I like that Intercity uses a 10000lb lift.

Comment

Intercity Lines told me that Dallas to Denver was not a route they normally drove, so they won't ship my car for me.

I looked at U-Ship but in reality they are more like a booking service that have a group of independents. So I'm a little wary on them at the moment.

The rep at Intercity was nice enough to point me to TransportReviews.com to try and find a service. Through them I've got a couple of quote requests out. ShipACarDirect.com appears to be fairly reputable so I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm also looking at NorthAmerican Van Lines to move all our crap and the car but I'm not locked in on that yet.

Either way, I better get moving on this. We got THREE offers last night. My agent hasn't told me the details yet but he said two of them are above our asking price. WOOHOO!

Comment

Working...
                              X