Camping / hiking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping / hiking?

Any one have any recommendations for camping and hiking for adults? I am not looking to travel further then 4 hours in any direction. Any help is greatly appreciated fellas.

I'm not much help, but I picked this book up for the wife for Christmas. She's read parts of it and has a hike planned for us at the end of the month.

G'Day Mate

Comment

Did the Big Fork/Athens hike at Ouachita National Forrest in Arkansas in October. Absolutely worth the trip, about 4-5 hour drive, hike and camp, plenty of cabins out there too. Fairly easy but long trails. You can break it up.

Plan to hit up Colorado Bend at the end of next month, about the same distance.

Comment

That area of Arkansas is amazing, very underrated.

You can also check out Palo Durro (sp?) just south of Amarillo. It's about 5 hours away.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Hill country has a ton of stuff to do, got a trip planned for out there soon. Arkansas is kickass also.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            You can also check out Palo Durro (sp?) just south of Amarillo. It's about 5 hours away.
            I camped and hiked there in 2015 and would recommend it. I hear Caprock Canyon is also nice but not as busy.

Comment

Went to both Palo duro and cap rock last spring since Ouachita was flooded. All 3 are great. Enchanted rock is also cool. Check out the TX state parks website. I try and take the family away from digital tech at least twice a year.

Comment

Eisenhower State Park at Lake Texoma is really nice.

Comment

Lost Maples- best time would be in early Oct when the big tooth maples turn. You will think you are in Vermont

Comment

Originally posted by lee earley View Post
                    Eisenhower State Park at Lake Texoma is really nice.
                    Love camping there but the hiking is limited.

Tyler State Park is a great place to camp also. There are some hiking trails that can keep you busy for a day or so, nothing too strenuous. Scenery is nice.
                    Last edited by slow84lx; 01-15-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X