Insurance claims and other misc. issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance claims and other misc. issues

Does anyone else think it is one fucking pain in the ass.

Ever since my kid was born it has been one beating after another getting claims processed correctly or limits reverified etc etc.

This shit fucking blows!!!

Yes.

I had my car totaled by a drunk driver on Jan 22. It's now Feb 17 and I haven't even gotten a final estimate / payoff $ number from the ins co, much less a check so I can start the buying process all over again.

I also had to have about 15 ft of sewer line under my foundation replaced a couple days ago. Apparently tree roots under the house are a "homeowner maintenance issue" so the ins co is paying zero dollars.

Yeah, they're a pain in the ass.

Comment

Im still waiting on these folks about my stolen truck.

Luckily, I have access to another vehicle. If I didn't, the rental coverage insurance would cover would have ran out.

They seem like idiots.
      Last edited by David; 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I feel your pain. When my son was born, hebwas place on my insurance but unbeknownst to us,my wife's insurance covered him for the first 30 days. Picture that debacle of two different carriers tryin to pawn responsibility off to the other. It took a lil over two years to get that straightened out.

Good luck.

Comment

Dealing with insurance claims can be a pain in the ass!

Comment

I had similar issues when my kids were born. When my daughter was born, my wife's ins was supposed to cover until the birth, then mine after... it turned into a mess. Then suddenly, 6 mos after my daughter was born, she wasn't covered. They claimed that she was never added & now it was too late. I asked them, "if she was never covered, why did you pay claims for 6 mos?" I got no answer. Eventually, i had to have them pull the phone records from when I called to add her... Then, finally, they started paying again.

Comment

I know when Aubrey broke her leg we got back like $500 on insurance for all our bills & we had to jump through a ass load of hoops for it!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Health insurance claims are a nightmare. We are having to some do expensive fertility shit now...we move out to SF and there's a woman with the same name as my wife in the system. Damned nightmare.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It was a pain in the @ss dealing with the pile of claims after my daugther was born, my wife's two ER visits shortly afterwards, and 10 days of 24 hour care.

The bills kept coming for months and months. I had to call the insurance co. many times for claims that their automated process kicked out. I had to wait for a manual reprocessing while explaining to the doctor's office why I'm not paying their bill. Some would still send me late notices any ways. We even had a bill from the hospitial which listed a service, which was never performed. After draining my HSA account, I had to pay 8 grand out of pocket that year.

Keep all your claims in a folder and look them over good. Write down notes when you made a payment, or if you're having the claim reprocessed. Don't be afraid to ask the insurance company questions especially when they say not covered or out of network.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestar View Post
                    Keep all your claims in a folder and look them over good. Write down notes when you made a payment, or if you're having the claim reprocessed. Don't be afraid to ask the insurance company questions especially when they say not covered or out of network.
                    The particular claim I am dealing with presently was a temporary crown my wife had done in October.

First, they told the doctors office she had no more dental coverage for the year.

Because of this, the dentist and my wife decided to do a quick temp crown. The bill comes in, I was thinking something wasn't right. I told the doctor to submit to Aetna.

Come to find out, she still had $900 worth of coverage left, AND Aetna doesn't cover temporary crowns.

So, my wife didn't get to use the $900 since the year is over, and I am stuck with a $360 bill, and she still has to have a real crown put in. Which will cost more money out of our pocket.

(*%&#(&)(* &%_#(*&#)(*&#%)(*

Comment

I surely miss being active duty when it comes to medical insurance. You go to the base hospital, get your shit done, get your prescriptions, then leave. No claims. No copay. Nothing.
                      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Health insurance claims are a nightmare. We are having to some do expensive fertility shit now...we move out to SF and there's a woman with the same name as my wife in the system. Damned nightmare.
                        Good luck with that. A friend of mine went into debt and sold the farm to get his wife prego. I thought he was nuts until his baby girl was born. It's totally worth it regardless.

Comment

Working...
                        X