selling concert tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling concert tickets

My wife and I won't be able to make a concert and I am trying to figure out the best way to sell e-tickets, stubhub, vivid, ticketmaster, etc. Not sure of what the fees look like either, does anyone have experience with this?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    My wife and I won't be able to make a concert and I am trying to figure out the best way to sell e-tickets, stubhub, vivid, ticketmaster, etc. Not sure of what the fees look like either, does anyone have experience with this?
    I've got no real input, but what concert? Someone here might be a taker... assuming it's local.

Comment

They'll all take nearly 30%. I'd start with ebay, if that doesn't work then Stubhub.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        They'll all take nearly 30%. I'd start with ebay, if that doesn't work then Stubhub.
        I've only sold tickets through eBay, and it worked out fine every time. It's been a while since I last did so however.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          I've only sold tickets through eBay, and it worked out fine every time. It's been a while since I last did so however.
          I've sold a bunch through stubhub and they made more on them than I did in most cases. Either way you have to deal with paypal.

Comment

Sometimes the buyer has offered cash outside of eBay. Against eBay policy I know, but I always considered the customer's preferences to be more important than policies. Oddly, with PayPal I have never had any negative issues after more than a decade of doing business through them.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Sometimes the buyer has offered cash outside of eBay. Against eBay policy I know, but I always considered the customer's preferences to be more important than policies. Oddly, with PayPal I have never had any negative issues after more than a decade of doing business through them.
              Paypal fucked me out of $300 when the shipper sent me a brick in a box because he was able to provide the fedex receipt and tracking number as "proof" he sent the item.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Paypal fucked me out of $300 when the shipper sent me a brick in a box because he was able to provide the fedex receipt and tracking number as "proof" he sent the item.
                I have a number where I won't allow an ass fucking and that number right there is over that line, Smokey!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Are they Five Finger Death Punch?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                    Are they Five Finger Death Punch?!?!?!?!?
                    It has to be someone shitty, otherwise he would have said who it was..

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      I have a number where I won't allow an ass fucking and that number right there is over that line, Smokey!
                      I was pissed... Paypal basically told me to fuck off after several phone calls and several hours. Not much I could other than go all Timothy Mcveigh on them.

Comment

Road Trip!

I was pissed... Paypal basically told me to fuck off after several phone calls and several hours. Not much I could other than go all Timothy Mcveigh on them.
                        PayPal's phone reps suck, as do nearly all phone reps nowadays. Fortunately I've been able to largely resolve what few issues I've had thus far online. Hate using phones.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
                          it has to be someone shitty, otherwise he would have said who it was..
                          lol!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              ???
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X