Who carries springs (small ones)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who carries springs (small ones)?

I'm looking for some torsion springs for a project. Smaller springs like you would find in an ebrake or the like. None of the local hardware stores carry torsion springs.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I sell a bunch of them in brake drum hardware kits. Your local autoparts store should help, bring in the old one too.

Also hobby lobby or rc cars places perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
      I sell a bunch of them in brake drum hardware kits. Your local autoparts store should help, bring in the old one too.

Also hobby lobby or rc cars places perhaps
      torsion springs?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't have an old one, I'm building something, so no parts to reference.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Check a tractor supply, they have all kinds of springs and things that could be cannibalized if needed.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Can you find a pic of the style your looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              torsion springs?

Oops I should read the thread not just title.

Autoparts stores would be a negative then. Perhaps a large mouse trap ?

Comment

Tractor supply is a good idea, never thought of that. I thought about fastenal, but I don't know what they carry since I can never get there during a work week.

I'm building a rally style handbrake for a driving sim. I have all the electronics functional, I just need a good solid pressure for the handle since I'm using an analog axis for progressive sensitivity.

Something like this double torsion spring would be perfect, but I could make just about any work.

Comment

$1.97

Comment

That'll make the base super wide, but shit, that might work. This is why I ask on here, you motherfuckers are genius.

Comment

AR-15 spring, bend to fit:

You could also use a cetme or HK sear spring as well

Comment

Yeah thought about that, but I need like 50x more force, hehe.

Comment

I picked up the biggest rat trap I could find. I swear there use to be bigger ones, but I think this might work.

Comment

You can always wind it tighter
                            Originally posted by Marisa
                            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Working...
                            X