air compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air compressor

My brother is looking at getting a new air compressor 25 + gallons. What are do ya prefer and any deals around

I bought some 30gal Husky vertical compressor from Home Depot about a year ago. It's been good for just normal garage work. I think it was $249.

Comment

I upgraded to this Quincy 2 stage last year. Its been great. Beats the hell out of the single stage from the depot. Bought at Northern with one of their coupons for 10% off.

Comment

Best advice is do not buy single stage. They are loud and wear out quickly.

Comment

I have my dads compressor he bought in the 80's from Sam's still chugging along. 60 gallon, 135psi, Campbell Hausfeld. I think it is the one he bought when I was a kid. Either way he had it a while. Super Quiet and runs like a champ.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My dad has an ingersoll rand 2 stage and I have a campbell hausfeld single stage. Both are good, but his 2 stage is way better.

Comment

How often is he going to use it and for what?

I have a 60gal Campbell Hausfield from about 10 years ago that I recently replaced the electric motor but it is running great.

Also have a small cheap Harbor Freight oiled compressor that I bought when I remodeled my house and honestly its doing great also. Wouldnt hesitate to buy another. My dad bought one too after how much we used mine on the remodel.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                I upgraded to this Quincy 2 stage last year. Its been great. Beats the hell out of the single stage from the depot. Bought at Northern with one of their coupons for 10% off.
                I got the same compressor and also got it from Northern. After doing some reading on the Garage Journal, it sounds like Ingersoll Rand's quality has taken a decline in the last couple of years and Quincy is now the go-to compressor for quality. I'm really liking mine.

Comment

One of the things I like is that drain. Its easy to reach down and drain it. I do it every use and sometimes a couple of times a day if working a lot. I am amazed at the amount of condensation that builds up.
                  My old one had a petcock on the bottom. PITA. I'd drain is every couple of months because it was such a pain.
                  This one keeps up fine with a paint gun. A sandblaster works it pretty hard.
                  I got an extended warranty by buying the "service pack" - basically oil and filters which you need anyway. I think the warranty goes 3 years.

Comment

champion makes one of the best pumps. i replaced my questionable 5 horse champion because it was 35 years old . thought it might be pumping oil vapors.
                    the 5 hp ingersole rand is junk. runs twice the rpm , heats up and makes water. i saved 850 on the ir but had to buy another motor and a dryer.

Comment

Working...
                    X