No announcement yet.

It's Snowing at My Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be in Denver picking up some Titanium rods on Monday, hopefully no snow...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I'll be in Denver picking up some Titanium rods on Monday, hopefully no snow...
      Stop at brother luck in COS. They have a fantastic pork belly burger.

Comment

I will but, I want my egg well done...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

5 hours east of Denver and it's 88 I want my fall 70s and 60s

Comment

Damn, I'm in Alaska and we haven't even had snow yet, they are calling for some Sunday though!

Comment

not cold in Denver at all
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                It gets warm here, but this year wasn't bad at all. Glad you're enjoying it, remember this exuberance when you're shoveling out the drive and trying to figure out which pile your truck is under
                I have the driveway plowed. I do have to shovel the back deck, front porch, and an area in the grass off of the driveway for Bo to poop. It's not fun by any means. The other sucky part of winter is not being able to access any good tent camping spots since they are all under several feet of snow. But, those two things are massively overshadowed by everything else about winter that I love. I'm comfortable in the cold, the scenery is amazing, we get zero tourists since we don't have a ski resort nearby, and most of the people who own homes here go back to wherever their real homes are from Oct-May, leaving less than 200 humans within 50 miles in any direction. The whole side of the mountain I'm on clears out, and we have it all to ourselves. I love that shit.

Comment

Old joke pretty much sums me up.

A Texan Moves North

JANUARY 10
                  It's 5:00 P.M. It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first one we've seen in years. The wife and I took our hot buttered rums an sat by the window watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was beautiful.

JANUARY 11
                  We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time in years and loved it. I did both the driveway and the sidewalk. Later a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with composted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shoveled it again.

JANUARY 12
                  It snowed an additional 5 inches last night and the temperature has dropped to around 11 degrees. Several limbs on the trees and shrubs snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shoveled the driveway again. Shortly afterwards, the snowplow came by and pulled his trick again. Now much of the snow is brownish-gray.

JANUARY 13
                  It warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which soon became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought snow tires for both cars. Fell on my ass in the driveway. $145.00 to a chiropractor, but nothing was broken. More snow and ice expected.

JANUARY 14
                  Still cold as hell. Sold the wife's car and bought a 4x4 to get her to work. Slid into the guardrail anyway and did a considerable amount of damage to the right rear quarter panel. Had another 8 inches of the white shit last night. Both vehicles are covered in salt and crud. More shoveling in store for me today. That goddamn snowplow came by twice today.

JANUARY 15
                  It's 2 fucking degress outside. More fucking snow. Not a tree or shrub on our property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the fucking house down. I managed to put the flames out but suffered 2nd degree burns on my hands and I lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. The car slid off the road on the way to the emergency room and was totaled.

JANUARY 16
                  Goddamn mother fuckin' white shit keeps on coming down. Have to put on all the clothes we own just to get to the fuckin' mailbox. If I ever catch that son-of-a-bitch that drives the snowplow, I'll chew open his chest and rip his heart out. I think he hides around the corner and waits till I shovel our driveway again! Power is still off. Toilet froze and part of the roof has started to cave in.

JANUARY 17
                  Six goddamn more fuckin' inches of fuckin' snow and fuckin' sleet and fuckin' ice and no telling what other kind of white fuckin' shit fell last night. I wounded the fuckin' snowplow asshole with an ice ax, but he got away. Wife left me. Car won't start. I think I'm going snow-blind. I can't feel my fuckin' toes. Haven't seen the sun in weeks. More white shit is predicted. Wind chill is 22 fuckin' degrees below.
                  I'm moving my ass back to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Old joke pretty much sums me up.
                    Me too. I spent a year in Wyoming and all I have to say is FUCK SNOW. 1 day a year I could handle some for a good snowball fight and an obscene snowman. Besides that. I'll pass.
                    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

LOL, it's not bad here, although there is a TON of snow and it gets down close to 30 below at times. The roads are kept in good condition for anyone with a 4x4, decent tires, and common sense. The trees hold up fine and the houses are built for it. We haven't had any power outages, either (knock on wood). It does help that the wife and I work from home and sometimes our vehicles don't move for weeks at a time. I did bust my ass several times last winter, though. I also learned the hard way that you don't procrastinate on shoveling the snow, or it does indeed melt a little on sunny days and then refreeze into a type of everlasting, indestructible ice that will make pick axes and sledgehammers seem like plastic silverware.

Comment

I mowed the yard today!

Comment

I have a heavy duty Ice chipper for that shit that melted and froze. Missed one shoveling and chipped at that shit the whole winter.

I'll go out while it snowing and start moving it. Easier on my back for the stuff I have to shovel. I need to buy a blade for the 4 wheeler

Comment

Working...
                          X