Options? Sprint phone on AT&T network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options? Sprint phone on AT&T network

Let me start by saying that I fucking hate Sprint. I have been with them since 2009 and have hated every minute of it.

For one, you cannot access data usage while on a phone call so if you have an Iphone, and you are on a call, you can't even get a text message from another iphone user since imessages use data. Dumb

Anyway, My contract was up on the 18th and I had to wait until then to leave Sprint for good. I was told both of our phones would unlock automatically. When I went in to AT&T on the 19th, they weren't unlocked so I had to call in and request that they be unlocked. I was told that it wasn't an automatic process and that you have to call in and request it. Conflicting information but whatever.

Sprint processes both unlocks for our phones and we go back to AT&T. My phone sets up perfect and was available for use immediately. The other phone would not set up. It says, "SIM unsupported" or something like that. AT&T told us to wait 24 hours.

We have been in to a few Sprint stores and have called in several times, of which, is always a 30-45 minute hold and sometimes you just get disconnected before ever speaking to anyone.

So our phones are "unlocked", paid in full, out of contract, and both switched to AT&T and no longer showing on Sprints web site under "my devices" but, the one phone is not working.

What are my options? AT&T and Sprint each don't have a clue

TIA

Buy a new phone?

Comment

Sprint is CDMA cep for their lte that requires a sim. The short of our is, they won't work right, if at all. Very new phones.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        Buy a new phone?
        We always get new phones and have got to the point this year of, "whats the point?" Our Iphone 6 does everything and more we could ever ask. IF the 7 had been a game changer, I could upgrade to the 7 by selling mine to ATT or verizon for $650 and buying the 7 for $660 for a net cost of $10 bucks. Catch is you are paid in monthly installments that offset the subsidized cost of the phone so you are locked in for $24 months.

Looking to get rid of the contract

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Sprint is CDMA cep for their lte that requires a sim. The short of our is, they won't work right, if at all. Very new phones.
          Thanks. Are you also saying that while mine is working, it may or may not be working correctly?

Also, what did you mean with the part in red?

Comment

Sprint and AT&T aren't cross compatible, some very new phones have that dual compatibility but you didnt get it with your Sprint iphones. Ebay the phones and buy new ones thats the cost of switching between those two providers

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
              Sprint and AT&T aren't cross compatible, some very new phones have that dual compatibility but you didnt get it with your Sprint iphones. Ebay the phones and buy new ones thats the cost of switching between those two providers
              I see. Is it hit or miss? We both got iphone 6's on the same day at the same place on the same contract with sprint. Sprint unlocked both of our phones at the same time and we set up both accounts with AT&T at the same time. Mine worked, hers didn't...

Comment

Sprint(and any other provider) has nothing to gain by selling dual compatibility so its not offered without the customer doing the upfront legwork. I don't even know if the iphone has that compatibility, and is sold at the average retail level. If your really interested in such technology look at what Fi is doing ( https://fi.google.com/about/ )

unlocking a phone doesnt mean it will work will all providers and all technologies (there is about 2-3) . Your phone may have dropped down to 3g or lower , and/or gone to roaming and handed you off to something that works.

Comment

Go prepaid.

No contract, no over limit charges.

60$ gets unlimited everything with no throttling with major prepaid prpviders metro, cricket,boost)

To check to see if your phone is compatible (only option is Verizon for contract and boost for prepaid , which is sprint) most websites offer a compatibility search to being your own phone to the network. It will tell you good to go or no go.

All 4 major providers offer dam near same service. Just matter of opinion which you hate the least.

In your situation I would Craigslist your phone , or use swappa.Com or glyde.Com (swappa only charges 10$ fee for sale but glyde is simple as ever to post ad) and you will get enough money to buy same phone on network of your choice (your phone will bring more money by it is unlocked )

Hope this helps,.

Comment

Just a heads up att still sucks too. My wife's iPhone can do the voice and text but my samsung cant. I can still get on websites though and carry a call.

Call centers suck period, and you have to hope the guy in the store has worked there longer than 3 months to get any help

And I freaking hate att uverse. Literally the only help for it is the India call center, and God forbid you have a bilking problem. I swear every cable company adds in $5 a month on top of every bill for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                      Thanks. Are you also saying that while mine is working, it may or may not be working correctly?

Also, what did you mean with the part in red?
                      I didn't catch the typo from my phone. It's sposta say *buy new phones.

Comment

Working...
                      X