Drone guys inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone guys inside

What drones are on the market that you can program to take the same flight pattern every time to record aerial photography to edit later to show progression of a build on a lot?

DJI Phantom for sure (4 is the newest, we have a 3 and it's the same minus a few features and shorter battery life). What I think you need, depending on the scale of what's being shot is the follow mode. It's easy and the results are good. If it's a more complex flight path, I may have to talk to my partner who runs the thing. I'm personally not the expert, just know what I've seen.

There's also the new GoPro drone which looks very cool. I would expect it to have very similar features because DJI is the one to beat.

Comment

Thinking about getting one of these soon. What kind of license/registration do you need to be 100% legal? Does it differ from state to state? I'm in CO.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        Thinking about getting one of these soon. What kind of license/registration do you need to be 100% legal? Does it differ from state to state? I'm in CO.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          I think they are only regulated by the FAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            I think they are only regulated by the FAA.
            If you are using it for anything remotely or that could potentially be commercial you are supposed to have an operator license.

Keeping tabs on a construction project could be considered commercial. It'd depend on local law enforcement if something happens.

Comment

What kind of Stanger are you? You should have your own helicopter and fly over every day and shoot UHD video on your iPhone 7+

Comment

SVO has IPhone 8
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Just bought this guy

Comment

I need to start using mine again. I only play with it a couple minutes at a time and on none windy days. I need to come up with some cool shit to do with it.

Comment

I have a 3DR solo and you can do what you're asking about, as well as a few other flight programs. 3DR is leading the charge in software advancements IMO

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                        SVO has IPhone 8
                        In 87...
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I have a dji inspire, and it will do those things. You can map everything out prior to flight and it will go to those areas and take pics/video.

Comment

Sooooo the Karma and the DJI portable drone; these guys are really upping the game!! That remove able gimbal is freaking money

Comment

Working...
                            X