Funeral costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeral costs

Whats the average funeral costs now in days? Im asking because my parents went to make arrangements in case anything happened to them and they were told 9k just for the funeral home, not including casket or plot. Shit if thats the case just take me out back and dig me a hole

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

I have heard of a range something like $18,000 to $30,000 on average but don't know what that entails. Plots are expensive and you are only renting them for a while anymore before they dig you up and stick someone else in. People spend a lot of money on all that preservation just to be thrown underground and not decay naturally, which I don't understand. Cremation or stick me in a pine box and dig a hole. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.
    Last edited by LANTIRN; 09-19-2016, 05:27 AM.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Last month, we had my father cremated and had a memorial service at the chapel at the funeral home. Cost was just over $6K, and there were no 'upgrades'. A casket, vault, and plot would have pushed it over $10K easily to bury him. Hope that helps.

Comment

i ill be cremated and put it a load of fertilizer to be spread on my farm. screw funerals.

Comment

I've already made it perfectly cleared that I be cremated my ashes be scattered the next time they are able to get to the beach or the nearest lake. Cheap, easy, and good enough.

Or put the ashes in the ground while planting a tree. Cowboy funeral.
          Last edited by sc281; 09-19-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Just did a simple one about a month ago for my grandmother, first time I was involved in the process.

Opening and closing is about $5k (dig the hole, fill it back up)
            Simple ceremony at the Funeral home was right at $2k
            Casket was $1200 (ranged from $800 - $5k)
            You have to do a grave liner, either a simple concrete vault or something more elaborate (copper, steel designed containers) $1200 for the concrete liner, the more elaborate were around $2-3k

As far as the plot of land, my family bought plots at Rest-land back when it first opened, we were told the plots, if available, are around $8k (my great grandparents paid right at $400 ea back in I think 60')

so yeah, about $16ish +

the average cremation is about $1800 (including urn "box")...thinking I am going to buy 65ish acres and create a family section way off in the back, lol
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

It was $3k to do my moms which really entailed nothing other than cremation, a visitation thing at the funeral home, and head stone. The plots were paid for in the 40s so there was nothing out of pocket on that in the last 70yrs.
              Last edited by David; 09-19-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

We paid Restland 23.5k 3 years ago with no upgrades (cheapest casket etc), also first time any of us (my siblings and I) were involved in the process.

Comment

Fuck all that. Morticians are sales people playing on your emotions for their gain. Tripped me out the first time I saw a brochure for a casket with a "50 year guarantee." I'm looking into possibility of going down the body farm route.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    i ill be cremated and put it a load of fertilizer to be spread on my farm. screw funerals.
                    Don't worry Shine, we'll kill a lot of beers in your honor.

Comment

I want my funeral to be cheap as fuck

Keg of beer, burn me and put my ashes in a firecracker, play some weird al and watch me go out with a bang! And I'm out..
                      BIOTCH!!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        Don't worry Shine, we'll kill a lot of beers in your honor.
                        there will be kegs and fine herb for those attending. if possible i will be placed atop a huge burn pile of those fucking cedars. if not then at least i can fertilize my fields.

and of course i want free bird blasting .

Comment

This is why my grandpa chose to be cremated and then buried in the plot he bought 30 years ago for $50 in the country cemetery near where he grew up. We had a local guy dig the hole and then just took the box of ashes and shovels and buried him ourselves.

Comment

Cremation for my mother with viewing was $1800.

Comment

Thank god for life insurance...I cant even afford to die.
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X