Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with bad experiences with dfw lasik doctors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with bad experiences with dfw lasik doctors?

Trying to filter through reviews and of course the good ones are "I see 20/20."

I would like to know if anyone has had bad experiences with any of the local DFW lasik Drs. or facilities. I am planning on getting the surgery done in the next month and I am actually having a problem finding doctors that do the procedures on days other than fridays.

Let me know your complaints.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Mine was done in 2009 by Dr Evangelista(sp) in Arlington. It was $3000, 0 interest for 24 months. No issues at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have not had LASIK, but I have a cataract that will have to be dealt with before long and the above-mentioned Dr. Evangelista was recommended by both my optometrist and ophthalmologist.

Comment

I went to Kleiman I want to say in 2007? Was completely blind for 3 days and in excruciating pain. It's not really their fault but it would have been nice to have known it could happen. That and their emergency number wasn't staffed on weekends. Not only that but during the actual surgery I don't think they waited long enough because I felt it when they cut the flap.

Regardless I had almost perfect vision for 7 years in both eyes. I wear prescription lenses now for my right eye which I may end up getting "enhanced" at a later date.

Make sure you ask about how follow up appointments work, what they might cost and how they determine when an enhancement may be necessary and what it could cost. The first 6 months or so I remember follow ups being free but now they are nearly $200 so I haven't gone back in a while.

Comment

Oh yeah make sure you read all of the paperwork BEFORE they dilate your eyes. They do that crap on purpose so you can't read it.

Comment

Wife got it from Dr. Evangelista as well about 5 years ago. No issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              I went to Kleiman I want to say in 2007? Was completely blind for 3 days and in excruciating pain. It's not really their fault but it would have been nice to have known it could happen. That and their emergency number wasn't staffed on weekends. Not only that but during the actual surgery I don't think they waited long enough because I felt it when they cut the flap.

Regardless I had almost perfect vision for 7 years in both eyes. I wear prescription lenses now for my right eye which I may end up getting "enhanced" at a later date.

Make sure you ask about how follow up appointments work, what they might cost and how they determine when an enhancement may be necessary and what it could cost. The first 6 months or so I remember follow ups being free but now they are nearly $200 so I haven't gone back in a while.
              You say it wasn't their fault, did you not follow post op procedures or something else? Please enlighten me because i have not read any review from any Dr. Stating this problem.
              2006 Civic SI
              2009 Pilot
              1988 GT
              CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                Mine was done in 2009 by Dr Evangelista(sp) in Arlington. It was $3000, 0 interest for 24 months. No issues at all.

This! minus mine was done in 07.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                  This! minus mine was done in 07.
                  I went because of reviews from the board back then.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have had 3 re dos on each eye from
                    Dr Kleiman and I still don't feel like I can see well. I test at almost perfect but I have some halos and slight double vision so I think that's why I can't see all that great. Also a lot of dry eye
                    BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
                    I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
                    PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

I had mine done in '07 too. I believe it was a place off of Plano pwky. Still have perfect vision to date!

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                        You say it wasn't their fault, did you not follow post op procedures or something else? Please enlighten me because i have not read any review from any Dr. Stating this problem.
                        No I followed them to a T, it's just prescribed eye drops and wearing shields. The doctor stated that the cells in my eyes were looser than normal which caused some more swelling than anticipated. Not sure what that means exactly.

They try to sell it saying 99% of patients have zero problems and have normal vision the following day. They may have a 99% success rate but I seriously doubt a majority of the patients have no complications. Lots of people have problems even though most are fairly minor.

For me personally they did surgery on Thursday with a follow up Friday. On the way home Thursday I was fine and could see but imagine a thick fog everywhere, I could see my hands but not past that. They explained this would likely happen but it should be better in the morning. For the follow up the next day my vision was still blurry, they were mainly checking to make sure the flap was still in place.

Over the weekend though my eyes started burning and I guess I wasn't totally blind but walking into my bedroom the only thing I could make out was a green blur from my cable boxes display. Everything else was just a fog. By Monday I could read the paper with a magnifying glass and I think I made it back to work on Wednesday but probably shouldn't have been driving. I left work early to avoid traffic every day.

It wasn't their fault it happened but it would have been great if they explained the possible complications better and had emergency appointments on the weekend. I was expecting to have perfect vision by Saturday, not two weeks later.

I'd probably do the surgery again though.

Comment

i went to dr. booth aobut 5-6 years ago. it was ~3k but i used my flex spending account so net only ~2k money post tax.

it it true what they say about it being herded like cattle but i had no issues and see perfect.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            No I followed them to a T, it's just prescribed eye drops and wearing shields. The doctor stated that the cells in my eyes were looser than normal which caused some more swelling than anticipated. Not sure what that means exactly.

They try to sell it saying 99% of patients have zero problems and have normal vision the following day. They may have a 99% success rate but I seriously doubt a majority of the patients have no complications. Lots of people have problems even though most are fairly minor.

For me personally they did surgery on Thursday with a follow up Friday. On the way home Thursday I was fine and could see but imagine a thick fog everywhere, I could see my hands but not past that. They explained this would likely happen but it should be better in the morning. For the follow up the next day my vision was still blurry, they were mainly checking to make sure the flap was still in place.

Over the weekend though my eyes started burning and I guess I wasn't totally blind but walking into my bedroom the only thing I could make out was a green blur from my cable boxes display. Everything else was just a fog. By Monday I could read the paper with a magnifying glass and I think I made it back to work on Wednesday but probably shouldn't have been driving. I left work early to avoid traffic every day.

It wasn't their fault it happened but it would have been great if they explained the possible complications better and had emergency appointments on the weekend. I was expecting to have perfect vision by Saturday, not two weeks later.

I'd probably do the surgery again though.
                            Just seems odd to me. I was seeing shit so clearly 15 minutes after the surgery. I was tripping out on the street signs I could read on our way to the bar just as we left the office.

Comment

Many places use a laser that requires no cutting & peeling back a flap which means the healing & recovery might be easier than some of these ya'll are describing from 2007. My wife got it and was out of the office in 10 minutes with perfect vision. Next day has the dry scratchy eyes but after that was home free.
                              2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X