Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever toy with an AWD Explorer 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever toy with an AWD Explorer 5.0?

I picked one up the other day on an awesome deal from a board member. I was just planning on beating it till it was a parts vehicle but I am growing to like it. Does anyone know any good mods besides the obvious engine add ons? The interwebs posts a lot of forum info but it is shoddy at best.

Nitrous
    WRX

Comment

Twin PT66s.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Freakin a, I came here looking for that exact car because my niece's Ford Ranger just blew up.

What was he asking for it again? Just using it as a baseline for looking for other cars

Comment

Bwahahahahaha, all the engine will get is the basic 5.slow bolt ons. I guess I should ask if anyone has toyed with the AWD or suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            Bwahahahahaha, all the engine will get is the basic 5.slow bolt ons. I guess I should ask if anyone has toyed with the AWD or suspension?
            I replaced the rear leaf springs with some higher rate ones with Global West shackles, replaced the shocks with Bilsteins replacements and found some bushings from another application that would fit the front. It got AFR 185 heads and a Comp roller cam and a bigger MAF and a tune. There was an issue when hauling ass that forced a completely new driveshaft to do away with a mystery vibration. It got bigger brakes on the front from a Sport Track and it either had disc on the rear or had them added at some point.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Good info SVO, I too have the hauling ass(still slow) vibration so I will check that. I planned on new shocks and maybe wheels this weekend. I also want new ball joints, bushings and tie rods. It doesn't feel sloppy, just a little aged at the current time but I know that will not get better with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Good info SVO, I too have the hauling ass(still slow) vibration so I will check that. I planned on new shocks and maybe wheels this weekend. I also want new ball joints, bushings and tie rods. It doesn't feel sloppy, just a little aged at the current time but I know that will not get better with time.
                Most every one we've had come through the lot had toasted swap bar links.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                X