No announcement yet.

Front plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Cobra, no front plate since Oct. 1996, I been pulled over by Plano PD and ticketed numerous times. No other municipality even cares, I still don't have one installed.

The 5.0 has a concealable front plate that I bought from American Muscle, they have a power one too, but I didn't think that a hundo more was worth it. I have mine installed to the left of TDC of the bumper with the bracket mounted on the BC, not like in their picture.

FREE SHIPPING! Great Custom Touch. Lets face it a front license plate is a big eyesore on any Mustang at a car show, but what if there was a way to hide it at a
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I don't have a front plate on any of my vehicles. Never had a city cop make mention of it during a stop. However, a DPS trooper might be another story. Bracket and plate looked ridiculous on the front end of my GTO.

Comment

Antique plate = no front plate. I don't have a front on my new jeep and it's been a non issue. I guess I just don't look suspicious enough to care about.

Comment

I got the plates for the Porsche today and put the front plate on with this bracket

I'm quite happy with it. The construction is very heavy duty aluminum. It is reverse threaded to match the tow hook mount in the front bumper and it is designed so that it doesn't cover up the front parking sensors. It was very well thought out.

One thing I'm going to do is get an extra cover for that tow hook hole in the bumper. I plan to drill it out and put a grommet over it to keep water out.

Comment

That is slick. I wish I had a tow hook cover to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I've been super lucky over the last 5 years with my Camaro.

No front plate, no reg. sticker, race gas, no cats, drag radials, and the car is pretty loud at cruising speeds.

And my drive to work is through Arlington, Dal worth, and Pantego aka ticket city.

Just last week I was on 303 and a bike cop eyed me real hard and shook his head. They must know me by now to keep letting me pass.

I've been stopped twice by road side check point (New Years eve & 4th of July) and just waved through.
              2010 Camaro SS Boosted

Comment

Working...
              X