Front plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front plate

Who all is running one? I've had my civic for 2 years now and have been pulled over twice already. The first time I was doing 82 in a 75 so that may have had something to do with it. Yesterday I got pulled over, specifically because of the plate.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Suction cupped to the lower passenger corner of my windshield.

I just tell them a car wash ripped off my under-bumper plate mount, and I'm waiting for my back-ordered replacement to come in.

I've been pulled over twice in 8 years.
    sigpic

Comment

had my truck 10 years, never been pulled over for not having front plate.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Been pulled over like 10 times in my stang. No ticket yet...I might look into that bracket where you can fold in and hide

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
          Been pulled over like 10 times in my stang. No ticket yet...I might look into that bracket where you can fold in and hide
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
            The roads I travel, I don't trust a set up like that!

Fuck it, I may just buy the bracket and throw it in the back seat so that there is, intent to install.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Who all is running one? I've had my civic for 2 years now and have been pulled over twice already. The first time I was doing 82 in a 75 so that may have had something to do with it. Yesterday I got pulled over, specifically because of the plate.
              In Forney by chance? They are pulling over a shit ton of people right now. I see someone pulled over just about every time I leave the house.

Comment

Nothing on my daily driver, but I have only had it for less than a year (~4 months without the front plate).

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  In Forney by chance? They are pulling over a shit ton of people right now. I see someone pulled over just about every time I leave the house.
                  No, both times it has been Highway Patrol on I-30 between Royse City and Greenville. They guy that pulled me over yesterday was nice. Wasn't a dick about it. He asked if I knew where my front plate was, I didn't think he would get much amusement out of it if I told him it was in the back floorboard.

Comment

Still don't have one on my 2005 Mustang. Only have been pulled over once for it and was given a warning. Was given a warning about it two other times for being pulled over for other reasons (speeding and stopping over the white line).
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                      Nothing on my daily driver, but I have only had it for less than a year (~4 months without the front plate).

Baller! let me know when its for sale.

Comment

Never been pulled over for it in the camaro, and I've had it ten years. On my imports, eclipse and civic, I've been pulled over twice in what I would call see something find something situations. Most were after 10pm where I suspected the officers were just fishing for drunks or other activity. Always just verbal warnings by plano pd

Code states it needs to be permanently affixed to the front bumper. Putting your plate in the window is just letting the officer know you are knowingly breaking the rules

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                          Never been pulled over for it in the camaro, and I've had it ten years. On my imports, eclipse and civic, I've been pulled over twice in what I would call see something find something situations. Most were after 10pm where I suspected the officers were just fishing for drunks or other activity. Always just verbal warnings by plano pd

Code states it needs to be permanently affixed to the front bumper. Putting your plate in the window is just letting the officer know you are knowingly breaking the rules
                          The first time, no big deal, I was running 7 over and I just happened to be the guy in that group of cars that got popped.

Yesterday, he was traveling down the interstate ahead of me. As we came up on an overpass, he started to slow down to take his post on the down side so traffic couldn't see him until the topped the overpass. Well he had just stopped as myself and a group of cars passed by him. I saw his wheels start rolling as we moved past, he jumped on my back bumper in a hurry.

Other than being dirty as shit from road construction, and the general dust that floats around from new subdivision development, my car is ordinary. Hub caps, factory tinted windows, and hell I drive with my hands at 10 and 2 most of the time.

Comment

I've never been pulled over for no plate nor have they even said anything about it when I get popped for speeding.

It's been at least 10 years since I've rolled with a plate.

Comment

Yea, that bracket doesn't look it can hold up to very slow speeds.
                              Will dig up some review or other brands.

Comment

Working...
                              X