Front plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking of getting this bracket for my Porsche

It screws into the spot where you can fasten in a tow hook.

EDIT: Actually I'm ordering this one now:
    Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 09-15-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I got pulled over my FtW police last year for not having a front plate and given a warning. I put the plate on up side down. My wife called me anti-conformity.
      class joke
      {
      private:
      char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
      double Peas, Carrots;
      string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
      };

Comment

I don't have one on any of my cars for the past 3 years. Wife was pulled over in the truck and the cop didn't mention it. That shit is bananas.

Comment

I've gotten many tickets for no front plate. Needless to say, i don't drive without one now.
          Saginaw, North Richland Hills, and Sheriff in Haslet
          My friend has borrowed my car and got pulled over for it too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            I just run a front plate. Never had any issues after that in my old black car.

One less excuse to pull me over.
            No front plate in Kansas right? So you don't have to worry about that shit anymore!

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I was thinking of getting this bracket for my Porsche

It screws into the spot where you can fasten in a tow hook.

EDIT: Actually I'm ordering this one now:
            https://www.amazon.com/Platypus-Lice...+license+plate
            No tow hook hole on the bumper of the 9th gen civic coupe.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I've gotten many tickets for no front plate. Needless to say, i don't drive without one now.
            Saginaw, North Richland Hills, and Sheriff in Haslet
            My friend has borrowed my car and got pulled over for it too. lol
            Got pulled over again today. Same trooper, exact same spot. He walked up to the window, asked if I knew where my front plate was, looked at the registration sticker, looked up and asked "I pulled you over yesterday didn't I? Go on, drive safe." and I was on my way.

I am ordering a bracket now from Rock Auto, enough of this shit.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I don't have a front plate on anything. I'm a rebel about it. They look out of place. So much so that I'm having the front bumper repainted on our new HC Challenger because the stupid dealer put a front bracket on it. Who does that!!!!

My wife got pulled over last year for no front plate in the Jeep. The cop told her "make your husband put the plate on your car" and let her go with a warning.

If I get pulled over for it....I'll just pay the ticket.
              1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
              1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
              2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
              2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
              1991 Syclone - 25K miles
              1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
              2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
              1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

I run one on my truck I DD just because I don't want the hassle and last time I got pulled over first thing she did was walk around to the front to see if I had a plate.

Comment

Damn I thought it was legal to roll with no front plate now...

I've been going on 12 years without a front plate. (Knock on wood)

Comment

My wife ripped mine off my truck when she hit the barrier 5 years ago. Never put it back on and I don't care.

On her '16 Mustang she just bought I made sure she didn't put the plate on the front to ugly it up. I can hear her now telling a cop "my husband said so" lol

Stupid thing is, I have one on my Cobra. It came that way when I bought it and the bracket has scuffed the bumper underneath it. Instead of leaving it blank, I just put a plate on.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Got pulled over again today. Same trooper, exact same spot. He walked up to the window, asked if I knew where my front plate was, looked at the registration sticker, looked up and asked "I pulled you over yesterday didn't I? Go on, drive safe." and I was on my way.

I am ordering a bracket now from Rock Auto, enough of this shit.
                      I just run a front plate.. Then again, if I had a pimp ride like some of these guys, and it didn't have a bracket, I probably wouldn't.

Troopers running traffic will pull anyone over they can, so this is not surprising at all. What a waste of money and resources..

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        No front plate in Kansas right? So you don't have to worry about that shit.

Nope and no emissions. So racecar

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          Nope and no emissions. So racecar
                          nice. Maybe I need to move back to Kansas....

I've been pulled over more in the last 12 months than I have in the almost 20 years I've been driving.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I bought that 2005 Mustang new, so it's been 11 years with no front plate.

I never was pulled over when I lived in FtW for the year I had the car down there. Dunno if it helps that I'm near the OK border, since OK cars drive through here a lot, and OK cars don't have a front plate.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I don't even have the holes for a plate. 10 plus years with no issues.

Comment

I've been pulled over for it once. It was a state trooper. The local cops never even look.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X