Dismembered body found at Grapevine park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismembered body found at Grapevine park

I haven't been to Grapevine lake area in a while but it never seemed secluded with the fishing and bike trails. I always felt comfortable there until I heard about this.

GRAPEVINE -- A dismembered body that had also been lit on fire was found at a park near Grapevine Lake early Wednesday, according to police.
    Police said officers were sent to Acorn Woods Park, a densely-wooded area with trails on the south side of the lake, around 6:30 a.m.
    Grapevine officials confirmed to News 8 a woman's body was found burned and in "several pieces" near the water.

Jogger John Gregory says he was zipping through the park for his usual morning run when he noticed police and fire trucks pulling up to a trailhead.
    “I see a white pick-up truck with yellow flashers, and a red truck just kind of pulled up,” he said. "Then, there were about 12 cop cars and a fire truck. It was bizarre."
    The park was closed to the public for the most of the day as investigators and crime scene technicians from the FBI helped process a large scene that extended through brush and trails to the water's edge.

By Wednesday evening, the scene had cleared. Areas that had been recently burned and processed were clearly visible near the park's trails.
    Police said in a late update Wednesday the park had reopened, but that no further information on the homicide would be released for now.
    The homicide investigation is the first in three years in Grapevine, something not lost on many of the nearby neighbors that commonly use the park as a place to run.
    "It's sickening, horrific," said Jody Williams, who says she jogs through the area frequently. "I don’t know how else to describe it."
    A positive identification of the body will likely come from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

Body could've been dumped and killer picked that location at random.
    <svo storytime>I lived in an apartment complex in a neighborhood that was very new. No crime in the area at that time. I took the trash out one hot afternoon and could smell rotting flesh. Thought someone may have dumped a dead animal in one of the bins. Found out a day later that a husband had hacked his wife up and put her in a suitcase about a hundred miles away and dumped her there. Everyone flipped the fuck out, but there was never another incident of crime there for the rest of the time we lived here. </svo storytime>

Comment

She must have had some dirt on the Clinton's. RIP

Comment

We have a member on here who has a house that backs up to that park

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Body could've been dumped and killer picked that location at random.
          In the report I saw last night, the body was dismembered and burned where it was found.

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
          I always felt comfortable there until I heard about this.
          I'm no svo crime detective, but I've always heard that dismemberment and burning are very personal things to do with a body. In other words, the killer knows the victim and was pretty pissed about something.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I has alibi!
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              She must have had some dirt on the Clinton's. RIP
              Those are usually suicides. Then again this could have been one.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Those are usually suicides. Then again this could have been one.
                "woman dismembers herself before she lights herself on fire in apparent suicide"

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  "woman dismembers herself before she lights herself on fire in apparent suicide"
                  Happens more frequently than you'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Could have been the other way around. Self immolation is coming back into style.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Could have been the other way around. Self immolation is coming back into style.
                      Now thats too far fetched.

Comment

It was me that did it but I doubt that I will get caught because I sprinkled her with crack that I picked up when I worked with the DEA and left DNA from a grey that I took a circulatory fluid sample from back when the Air Force asked me to consult for them at Area 51. I also left a few cigarette butts that had Oswald's DNA that I stole from the FBI.
                        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-15-2016, 01:55 PM.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

^^^

Not impressed...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            It was me that did it
                            Reported to FBIs and teh Texas Ranger.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Reported to FBIs and teh Texas Ranger.
                              I am sure that they will welcome the solid tip. Just be sure to tell them that you heard it from a guy on the Internet and they should be able to wrap this up in no time flat.
                              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-15-2016, 02:58 PM.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X