Does anyone Roomba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    No roomba here, my 38 yr old house has a central vac system which is the coolest fucking thing ever.
    Had that in my house in Utah, worst part is dragging that big ass hose around

Comment

My automated vacuuming system

Comment

I want a Roomba but they are expensive.

Comment

I have one. I swear to god, it's actually alive and not happy about being a carpet cleaning slave. If there is a cord on the floor, or a spot where it can get stuck, it WILL find it. That said, it's really nice to have, does a great job of maintaining the floors.

Couple of other things, it's important to keep it clean and to have a service manual on it. I have had to repair mine several times.

Comment

I had a red Roomba (read: the cheap one) for years and we ran it until it died - the only problem I had with it is that we had a golden retriever and a cat and the brushes would get totally clogged with hair each time it ran, necessitating disassembly and cutting out the hair afterward. That usually took about 20 minutes to do.

The golden is dead but I still have the cat - I recently bought a 650 and it got up tons of cat hair and dirt that my Bissell upright vacuum had been missing.

With that size of an area you might find that the battery craps out before the Roomba can vacuum all of it. I don't have issues with the Roomba finding its way back to the dock when it's done.

It helps if you police the floor before it runs.

Comment

We have a Bob Sweep and it doesn't have a lot of the Roomba short comings like shutting off on a dark floor.

However it does need to be nannied a bit. It will get stuck on cords and ledges and under coffee tables. However it gets floors clean. We can sweep and then let Bob sweep and it will be full of dust and hair we missed
              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Just bought the 860! Excited to see how it does!

Comment

So we have a nice Dyson that we have always used around the house. I may sound crazy saying this but the first vacuum last night by the 860 gathered more deep dirt/lint/dust than our dyson does. Our dyson is a brush vacuum this being the rubber rollers maybe really does break stuff down more and take it out.

Comment

I would return the Roomba and get a Botvac...way better. I have a Botvac D80 and its great. I have used it everyday for over a year. While it does get stuck at times, it is well worth it. Does about 1600sqft in an hour and a half. It doesnt have a traditional brushed brush so pet hair doesnt clog it up. I have 2 150lb saint bernards that shed all day long.

This is the reason the botvac is way better (and it will recharge and go back to where it left off):

Comment

That vac must have 3D mapping. Definitely something the roomba lacks.

Comment

My friend had a roomba. His dog shit on the floor, and the roomba decided to clean it up. It sucked some of the shit up into every crack and crevice it had, and smeared the rest around the floor, then proceeded to try to vaccum the rest of the house while shit covered. He came home to a shit smeared mess.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          My friend had a roomba. His dog shit on the floor, and the roomba decided to clean it up. It sucked some of the shit up into every crack and crevice it had, and smeared the rest around the floor, then proceeded to try to vaccum the rest of the house while shit covered. He came home to a shit smeared mess.
                          That's just, well, shitty.

Comment

I want that new dyson robot vac. Looks pretty cool but expensive. Supposedly it was in development for 16 years. Seems like a long time for development though...
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              I want that new dyson robot vac. Looks pretty cool but expensive. Supposedly it was in development for 16 years. Seems like a long time for development though...
                              I have a few year old Roomba that I got as a groupon factory refurbished unit (looked brand new) and it works pretty good. It came with a few of those light tower things that will put up an invisible wall, so I have it clean the high traffic areas. It does do a really good job and it was under $300. Well worth it.

Yeah 16 years of development is about 10 generations of technology...
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                                I had a good chuckle out of this, I would have lost my shit if I came home to that!

Comment

Working...
                                X