POS Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POS Volvo

As some of you know I acquired an older Volvo wagon to replace my supercharged, fun to drive Mustang in order to be more reliable and less likely for me to dump copious amounts of money into aftermarket parts therefore allowing me time to work on my 66 Mustang project. Well this damn thing has turned into an undesirable project that is really pulling at my patience. I've had nothing but issues with it, mainly transmission related that has prevented me from getting it inspected and registered, I'm riding dirty on old OOS tags. The damn thing needs struts/shocks, brake rotors, PCV replacement (8hr job), CV axle, and a couple other things.

Is it worth it to keep fighting this thing or cut my losses, ditch it for what I can get and move on? I can't afford a car payment and I need something that seats 4. I just want a fun yet reliable car that I'm not wrenching on every weekend.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Buy my wagon! A/C works, brakes upgraded, 5.0...

My aunt wanted me to find a reliable cruiser she could take on a part of the Power Tour, I came across this little gem the other day and got it for a song. It's a 1986 Crown Vic LTD, 3 owner, the last guy put spacers and 06 Mustang wheels, a decent stereo, and other odds and ends. Everything works, interior is perfect, a very

Comment

Swedish time bomb.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Volvo quality is hit or miss. When they miss, they suck. I would cut and run on it. What's your budget look like? Do you want a coupe or a sedan. I don't know that I would call it fun, but I have an 04 Toyota Camry on my lot for $3500, reliable as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Volvo quality is hit or miss. When they miss, they suck. I would cut and run on it. What's your budget look like? Do you want a coupe or a sedan. I don't know that I would call it fun, but I have an 04 Toyota Camry on my lot for $3500, reliable as they come.
          What are you willing to give him on trade is the question! Roflmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Get rid of the Abba-mobile!
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Swedish time bomb.
              This car is an onion of disappointment

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Damn man, sell it and move on. There have been a lot of PI mustangs for sale fir cheap on FB. Or you could get an XJ and not be upset when it brakes because they are a blast.

Comment

I got a beater 2004 Sebring I will sell you for $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                    This car is an onion of disappointment
                    When Volvos are good, they're great. When they're anything less than good, they'll make you beg for a broken-down German car.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I know a mustang has 4 seats but you can't really fit 4 people in it comfortably. Trust me, I'd buy a fox in a heart beat and be grinning ear to ear. I just don't talk much about the car on FB because my uncle who I bought it from is on there. I should have done my homework more but I was getting what I thought was a good car due to the recent maintenance that was done (or not done correctly) to it.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I'll sell you my wagon if you want to keep the wagon thing going.

SOLD!! Thanks guys. Now I can get the hookers and blow I have always wanted.

Or, if you need something cheap to get you by for a while I am selling my Explorer/5.0L/AWD. I'll make you a deal on it. Drive it for a while then yank the 5.0 and 8.8 for other projects like I planned on doing.

Last edited by homealone; 09-09-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Normally, I'd say "hell to tha naw" to the above, but that actually make a ton of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

Or, if you need something cheap to get you by for a while I am selling my Explorer/5.0L/AWD. I'll make you a deal on it. Drive it for a while then yank the 5.0 and 8.8 for other projects like I planned on doing.

Fucking dibs!

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

That is very tempting

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                              X