• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Anthropocene...

That is all.

Originally posted by zachary View Post
    That is all.
    Going 6k years strong and fucking up everything along the way IMO.

Comment

Debatable.

Anthropology/biology ≠ geology, and era naming is geologic.
      Hard science, being geology in this realm, says you can't put an exact date on it - it could have started centuries ago when you can detect agriculture in European stratification - but proponents just say "fuck it, pick a date and lets go with it so we can lay a guilt trip on all of humanity."

I say whatever. In the end the entire basis of era /epoch naming is from rocks. So where do these anthropocene advocates say it began? Do they even agree, or is there where we just feel bad for being alive?
      Last edited by Strychnine; 08-30-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The significance of the Anthropocene is that it sets a different trajectory for the Earth system, of which we of course are part,” said Prof Jan Zalasiewicz
        No, it sets you cacks up with something to try to remain relevent.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Pfft, whatevs. If y'all need me, I'll be kickin it in the Quaternary Period.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
          X