Thieves steal $250K in wheels from Tyler Dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
    If my simple math is correct, each set is valued at $5,208.33 on average? The dealerships are the crooks...

I'm well under $2k in aftermarket 22's *with* tires.
    Eh, they are going to claim it on insurance, not sure what their deductible is going to be. Being that they are brand new, they have to put brand new factory type parts back on. That $5k is list price on tire, wheel, pressure sensor, lug nuts, etc all new, all from GM. If they dropped them on the brakes, add in more. If they busted windows to take the jacks out of them add that in. ETC. All with brand new oem parts, at list.

I went through this at the Toyota dealership I worked at in the parts department. We got 20 something sets of 20" tundra and sequoia wheels stolen on night, and they were busting windows to get jacks out of 60 something cars. I cant say how GM does it, but Toyota had an accessory minimum and maximum we could do, so we couldn't just slap aftermarket wheels/tires on even half of them.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Many years ago, my '08 Yukon Denali had it's 20" wheels/tires stolen. My insurance replaced my busted side window and put on a new set of 22" wheels (OEM, but the upgraded wheels, looked sweet) and I think the dealership charged my insurance over $6,500. What a ripoff.

So, the dealership in Tyler will make money on this theft, a lot of money.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        Many years ago, my '08 Yukon Denali had it's 20" wheels/tires stolen. My insurance replaced my busted side window and put on a new set of 22" wheels (OEM, but the upgraded wheels, looked sweet) and I think the dealership charged my insurance over $6,500. What a ripoff.

So, the dealership in Tyler will make money on this theft, a lot of money.
        how do you figure?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Because they will get paid list price for the claims and fix them in house. Why I think it was an inside job.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            how do you figure?
            We tried to get the business when it happened in Rockwall, no go. They will only take new OEM wheels, and supposedly they got a fat rebate for going well over budget on parts from GM. Add in charging list on everything to the insurance company, I bet they come out well ahead.

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            Because they will get paid list price for the claims and fix them in house. Why I think it was an inside job.
            First thing I thought.
            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Actually would have been an outside job.

CN

Comment

Touche lol

Comment

We lost a buttload when ours happened. Sure, they get a parts discount, but they have a bunch of trucks that they cant sell until GM comes through with lots of sets of wheels, some that may not be in the system yet to order. They will lose a lot more next year if they cant make the sales number that they need to hit this year on invoice discounts for new cars from GM.

Comment

Working...
                  X