Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves steal $250K in wheels from Tyler Dealership

48 vehicles. On site for 4 hours.

Does this sound odd to anyone else but me?

This happens with regularity. The last big one locally was in Rockwall a few years ago. 4 guys using scuba tanks for air to run an impact could pull this off easily but it would be one hell of a workout.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I think that I bought some wheels that were gotten this way about 9 or more years ago. They were on Craigslist advertised as new take offs from an explorer sport track. I called the seller a few minutes after the ad posted and was given the run around for a few days before I could pick them up. I met the seller in a resenditial neighborhood and he had the tires in a stack in front by the sidewalk between two houses. I paid him, loaded up and then drove way up the street and observed the seller being picked up. When I got home I noticed that while the rims were identical to the ones pictured in the ad the tire size was a 265 and not 245 as pictured in the ad. The seller was a black guy in his 20's who looked respectable and who did not sound like a hood rat.
      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-27-2016, 12:51 PM.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Authorities are saying it's a ring of people.

4 guys run through with electric impacts and extra batteries to remove all of the lug nuts.
        Then come back with a jack and blocks of wood while the other 2 guys toss wheels in a box truck.

They tend to do it during a storm to keep the noise covered up.

Comment

Not the first time a dealership has been hit in Tyler. Few years ago the same thing happened at Waggner Cadillac.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I just assume every set of ford and GM 20s I see on Craigslist that are like new factory take offs are all stolen.

Comment

Comment

I wonder if the dealership was in financial trouble before they were robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  I think that I bought some wheels that were gotten this way about 9 or more years ago. They were on Craigslist advertised as new take offs from an explorer sport track. I called the seller a few minutes after the ad posted and was given the run around for a few days before I could pick them up. I met the seller in a resenditial neighborhood and he had the tires in a stack in front by the sidewalk between two houses. I paid him, loaded up and then drove way up the street and observed the seller being picked up. When I got home I noticed that while the rims were identical to the ones pictured in the ad the tire size was a 265 and not 245 as pictured in the ad. The seller was a black guy in his 20's who looked respectable and who did not sound like a hood rat.
                  NayNay?
                  Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                    NayNay?
                    "The seller was a black guy in his 20's who looked respectable and who did not sound like a hood rat."

Sounds just like him.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                      Not the first time a dealership has been hit in Tyler. Few years ago the same thing happened at Waggner Cadillac.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
                      Also happened to Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson if I remember right.

...ya fairly common I'd say.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I woke up to my 3 day old 2016 Tx Chevy on blocks. Had 90 miles on it. A neighbor got hit a couple days earlier and I was told trucks at about 10 apt properties in Frisco got hit.

Comment

If my simple math is correct, each set is valued at $5,208.33 on average? The dealerships are the crooks...

I'm well under $2k in aftermarket 22's *with* tires.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                            If my simple math is correct, each set is valued at $5,208.33 on average? The dealerships are the crooks...

I'm well under $2k in aftermarket 22's *with* tires.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Bruce lowrie Chevrolet had a couple sets for sale in the parts dept two weeks ago when I was picking some parts up. $1600 a set

Comment

Working...
                              X