Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Love The Raptor...

united-states-pilots-tense-syrian-jet-encounter

Two American fighter pilots who intercepted Syrian combat jets over northern Syria last week said they came within 2,000 feet of the planes without the Syrians aware they were being shadowed.

-------------------------------------

I really love that plane. Wish we were still making it.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Yea, its cancellation seems premature when you consider the current geopolitical environment.

Comment

JSF is supposed to solve everything. =/
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          JSF is supposed to solve everything. =/
          The F-35 is going to be a great aircraft, albeit late and the word over-budget is an understatement.

The F-35 is an evolutionary leap in systems and situational awareness, however it will NEVER be the air-dominance powerhouse that the F-22 is.

At this point it would be a minor victory just to finally get an HMD (Helmet Mounted Display\Cueing System) on the limited number of Raptors we have.

Next on my wish list is to get the upgraded AETP engine and the small CUDA missile to the F-35 to help it in the visual range fight, but that's years down the road.....

Comment

Manned aircraft are deprecated
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              Manned aircraft are deprecated

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post

When they took apart the assembly line for it they spent piles of time and money to preserve the tooling. They can start production again with little effort if there is ever the money and/or the will to do so.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  When they took apart the assembly line for it they spent piles of time and money to preserve the tooling. They can start production again with little effort if there is ever the money and/or the will to do so.
                  As they did for every aircraft made since the 80's...
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    As they did for every aircraft made since the 80's...
                    They went freak-o over it this go round. My aunt who has worked there all of her life says that she had never seen anything like it before. They practically saved the dust bunnies under the equipment in a effort to preserve the line EXACTLY as it was while it was up and going.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Well If you're Aunt says so then.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                        Well If you're Aunt says so then.
                        I can only repeat what I have been told and have no first hand knowledge concerning the program. The last time I set foot out there and saw the assembly line I believe it was still a SAC base so that should clue you in to how long ago that was.

Comment

Working...
                        X