Suggestions wanted - Location for family pictures/dog friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions wanted - Location for family pictures/dog friendly

Title is pretty self explanatory. Looking for a location to have some pics taken and it to be pet/dog friendly. Any suggestions near DFW?

Is McKinney too far?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      Is McKinney too far?
      open to it, just have to work with the photographer (he's got a wedding at 5 PM That day), but could make it work.

Comment

Everybody loves the Fort Worth Botanic gardens.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Everybody loves the Fort Worth Botanic gardens.
          They do but pets aren't allowed. http://www.fwbg.org/garden-etiquette

There are tons of parks, just pick one and let the photographer make it work. Also you really want to shoot an hour before sunset for the best possible lighting. Either that or during and slightly after sunrise. You can still get great photos the rest of the day but golden hour is way better.

My wife likes to do shoots around the trails in Trinity Park. The trees make for a nice backdrop and there are a couple of cool foot bridges. Remember the photos are supposed to be about the people, not so much the background.

The old post office next to the T&P building is also pretty cool. The train platforms also make for interesting shoots but not so much with pets. The Modern and Kimbell lawns are also pretty cool as are lots of places around the TCU campus.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            They do but pets aren't allowed. http://www.fwbg.org/garden-etiquette

Wow, they done sterilized it. We used to take a blanket and do picnics, people would walk their dogs and kids would dribble soccer balls or throw frisbees while mom & dad chilled on the grass.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
              open to it, just have to work with the photographer (he's got a wedding at 5 PM That day), but could make it work.
              There is Erwin Park that's really big and has scenic parts and also Adriatica Bell tower.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Or come to the east side of mckinney

Old downtown

Old cotton mill just east of downtown. I aways see lots of folks taking pics there and by old buildings and the old railroad tracks

Comment

Stop 6 in Ft Worth is nice this time of year.

CN

Comment

no help to the OP
                    But does anyone have a recommendation on a good photographer, the wife wants prego pics taken soon.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                      no help to the OP
                      But does anyone have a recommendation on a good photographer, the wife wants prego pics taken soon.
                      I would suggest asking BP.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Turtle Creek

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          I would suggest asking BP.
                          Thanks. My wife is pretty good but she's booked through part of October already.

Silverranger: My wife has done some of those shoots and they turned out great. If you can wait I'll send you her info. Otherwise I can send you a couple of referrals. There are tons of very good photographers in the area. We are in Benbrook so not too far away.

Comment

White Rock Lake has a cool dog park that drifts into the water.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Thanks. My wife is pretty good but she's booked through part of October already.

Silverranger: My wife has done some of those shoots and they turned out great. If you can wait I'll send you her info. Otherwise I can send you a couple of referrals. There are tons of very good photographers in the area. We are in Benbrook so not too far away.
                              any help would be great, we are due September 30th. We can drive pretty much anywhere

thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X