New Foster pup: Animal Abusers SUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Foster pup: Animal Abusers SUCK

Some people here know I foster dogs for a Weimaraner rescue here in Texas and have even had a foster failure that's the best dog I've ever had. I was working the incoming email this week for the group as people notify us when there is a Weim at the pound or owner surrenders etc. 3 weeks ago I got an email about a dog that was part of an animal abuse case where a guy was arrested after being seen kicking the dog so hard he was lifted off the ground. He was in bad shape and ended up passing away due to a terrible heartworm infestation 3 days after the rescue group got him. This type of shit really bothers me and seriously put me in a piss poor mood.

Fast forward to yesterday I get an email for this sweet girl who was adopted out by the Humane society and then returned this week due to being "destructive outside". If you know anything about Weim's, they are high energy dogs that need attention/exercise/something to keep them busy. If you just put them in the yard, they will find something to do which usually involves digging or chewing if they don't have the proper toys. She shows multiple signs of abuse (cuts in the face and some on the paw that require stiches). I am not at a place where I can foster her long term but I did volunteer to spring her ASAP so she isn't stuck in a kennel after being abused/dropped back off. I will be picking her up around 2-3 PM today and fostering her short term until I can make the drive to get her to her permanent foster home in Austin. The Weim Rescue that I work with is asking for donations/sponsors to cover some of the costs. I'll post pics of her "freedom ride" where I plan to get her a cheeseburger as soon as possible to show her that she deserves treats and not abuse. If you are able, please do if you feel inclined. If not, thanks for viewing and just give your pets an extra belly rub or scratch behind the ears.

This is the email copy/paste the Weim Rescue Texas group sent out.

"Weim Friends,
    We need sponsors to bring this sweet girl into rescue to provide for her care. She has a foster home waiting. Here is how you can help:

1 sponsorship is available at each level.

Naming Sponsor: $300 - The honor of naming this girl!
    Medical Care for wounds: $150 - She has cuts on her face and one foot has a deep wound
    Medical Supplies: $50 - Supplies to help her heal
    Exam: $25 - Our vet will ensure she is healthy
    Microchip: $10 - So she is never homeless again

You can Sponsor via the "Donate" button on our website. In the notes, please include "Sponsorship". First to donate gets the honor of the sponsorship, so go now!

http://www.weimrescuetexas.org/donate"

All her bills/sponsors are filled (woo hoo) and she is now known as Shelby.

Had to get her a freedom whataburger

Comment

You looking to adopt an old fat bald dude that likes whataburger? Good job dude.

Comment

Good for you Nate!

Comment

That's a beautiful dog man!
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Dangit. I wanted to name her Doggy Mcdogface.

Comment

Please stop feeding your dogs people food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                How about you go fuck yourself? She was a dog that was beat and then stuck in a kennel the last week. She got a one time treat when she got sprung from doggie jail.

My dogs have a regular diet and are in perfect health at ideal weight. Have any other issues with how I rescue dogs from shelters Cesar Milan?

Comment

My 4 year old son needs a dog, and I could use one that likes to hunt. Unfortunately the wife has put her foot down about no dogs. Son and I are keeping the pressure on her. When she says yes it will be a rescue dog from the shelter.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                    How about you go fuck yourself? She was a dog that was beat and then stuck in a kennel the last week. She got a one time treat when she got sprung from doggie jail.

My dogs have a regular diet and are in perfect health at ideal weight. Have any other issues with how I rescue dogs from shelters Cesar Milan?
                    Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      I feed my dog hamburger bites all the time... granted, it's just the patty, but still... there are far worse "people foods" to let a dog haw on than a whataburger IMO

I cringe when I see people giving dogs ice cream and shit like that, but a halfway decent beef burger? eh
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        I feed my dog hamburger bites all the time... granted, it's just the patty, but still... there are far worse "people foods" to let a dog haw on than a whataburger IMO

I cringe when I see people giving dogs ice cream and shit like that, but a halfway decent beef burger? eh
                        I won't bother getting into details but the patty is fine by me.

Comment

She rode like this from dfw to Waco. New foster has 2 other weims and been fostering for 20 years. This girl has already turned a corner and is a happy pup.

Comment

That's awsome man,need more people like you in this world. Ive got 3 dogs and 2 cats....all rescues.

Comment

Good job, dude.

We just took in a whippet as an emergency foster. He was in deplorable conditions. We were being told about a dog that had issues. A lot more than a typical whippet.
                              He has not shown a single one of the issues we were warned about. He fit in with our environment perfectly from day one. So, we've got a new member of the family. Lol.
                              They're sighthounds, so off leash training is my doing. My voice is more effective than Kristen's.
                              Today, he got to stretch his legs at the horse farm.

Comment

Working...
                              X