No announcement yet.

Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The King is pretty accurate in his summation. I would just add: Apartments are the worst about dealing with IAQ or environmental guidelines/regulations. Period. Save your time and money and just get out. Take a surface lift of the material in question and run it over to Crisp or Moody Labs and have a fungal ID and quantification analysis performed if you want to get your deposit back and/or pursue them on the TAA safety and health clause. But your safest bet is just get out.

<---- Texas Licensed Mold Assessment Consultant
    1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
    1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
    2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
    2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
    1991 Syclone - 25K miles
    1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
    2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
    1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Get abecx to evict you
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Check the A coils for "junk" growing on them. The current humidity levels have gotten so high that we have found all sorts of growth in them.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Here is a few updates

So they sent me a lease renewal the same day I put in the request. I can act early and save money. However, the lease renewal is the last thing on my mind but i find it kind of humorous that they sent that out with everything going on.

This weekend was fun
          They just put a new roof on last month (doing the entire complex). With the rain we got Saturday, I noticed right above the tv was wet drywall. I was able to have my brother come over and get the stuff moved from the living room to more of walk way. Nothing beats not being able to use your living room your paying for. So today i got a notice saying they fixed everything. From my understanding, I do not see anyone in my unit or hear anyone on the roof today. So I am leaving stuff in the awkward spot and give it a real good rain storm to test it out.

So I got a reply back by email from the Apt manager saying they will have someone come out and do a moisture meter reading. This is suppose to also test the air quality. They want to do a good thorough clean in my apartment and clean the carpets.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
          Jonathan

Comment

A moisture meter does not test air quality whatsoever. It's often used during a mold inspection but does not provide any indication of indoor air quality or identify the species of mold present.

Comment

The apt still has not responded in regards to my request for the IAQ testing after sending a few emails.

Someone advised checking out homeadvisor which I found a few companies
              Airborne Environmental Consultants
              Advanced Energy Solutions
              IAQM, LLC
              Texas Mold Inspection Services

However, the website was saying the average is around $300 to $550 for this type of service. Is that right? Seems expensive for something out of my pocket but then I would finally know what is going on....

Comment

I never conducted for-profit mold inspections in private residences myself, but those prices seem reasonable to me for the effort required, which would include air (and possible bulk) sampling, lab analyses, and IAQ report.

The property owner is responsible for this, so if you pay for it out of pocket hopefully you would be reimbursed.

Comment

Working...
                X