Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    They're talking about these:

I use it primarily for plunge cutting and undercutting the door casing and trim when installing our floors. Carpet butts up against them but the flooring we have looks way better when tucked under.

I've used it to flush cut nails and such before too.
    Your pic is not showing up for me, but I'd already looked it up before I posted to see what it looks like; I just couldn't figure out what it was used for.

In what way did you use it for your flooring? I'm not getting what you're saying.

EDIT: Nevermind, I understand now. The carpet thing threw me off at first, as the carpet in houses I've lived in did actually tuck under the trim and not just butt up to it.
    Last edited by jluv; 08-17-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Have the rigid cordless listed above and a harbor freight one with a cord.

Use the harbor freight 90% of the time, works better and faster. Used it for everything from tile grout removal cutting door jambs. Awesome and handy tool

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        I use the HF one that goes on sale for 14.99 every once in a while, no complaints about it and i use it pretty frequently
        Works good, deafening loud.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Looking at this Porter Cable from Lowes. Thoughts?

Comment

How often will you be using this, and what for? If it's for a single project just go buy the Harbor Freight one!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
              Looking at this Porter Cable from Lowes. Thoughts?

http://m.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-1...l-Kit/50358206
              As far as I can tell the 2 main things to keep an eye on are...

1. Make sure it does not have some sort of proprietary method to attach the attachments...

2. Make sure you like the method used to attach the attachments.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                How often will you be using this, and what for? If it's for a single project just go buy the Harbor Freight one!
                Won't be used often just like my other Dewalt stuff but it's nice to have when something comes up and I have it. But think I might just save the extra money and get one like you guys have mentioned from Harbor Freight.

Comment

Working...
                X